Re: GDT: Blues vs Wild Game Six 2PM

I never thought there would be an entire era of Blues hockey where effort was the big question mark. We have seen it all...the builds and the rebuilds...the no-builds...the builds from within...stars come and gone. Effort is the quantum substrate of hockey, and the Blues. Richie, Ronnie, Bass, and the boys...you never questioned their effort.

I feel like effort won't be enough to win today, today will take an extraordinary effort by the Blues to win, and they have not been able to string two good games together so far in this series.

I'm hoping for the best, prepared for the worst. Think I'm going to take my bike out on the Katy trail today around 2:00 pm and ride out into the country for 2 or 3 hours. Hopefully the news is good when I return but either way I will have done something positive with my Sunday.

To my fellow die-hard Blues fans, I am as surprised as the rest of you at the complete failure this team has been up to this point against what should have been a favorable matchup in the first round. I guess the lesson we need to learn as fans is, unless there is a complete 180 today and Wednesday, this group is done and needs to have the deck reshuffled a bit. Different head coach, different captain and complete overhaul on defense. Bring up our young talent for a good evaluation next season and go from there.

I

We are only a few hours from the optimism of coming up for a game 7 or from mass suicides and countless threads about everyone that needs to go.

Needless to say this is a pivotal game for the franchise as a whole on a grand scale. We very may be watching guys like Jackman, Backes, and Oshis put on the Note for the last time.

There was a time...I looked at odds like this and said...no problem. This year...you never knew what team was going to show up from game to game...how many times this season did someone from the team say they needed 60 mins of effort. If I had to pick a moment when it all started to go wrong...that time they got in a fight with Columbus players for disrupting their soccer game.

CaptSMRT wrote:There was a time...I looked at odds like this and said...no problem. This year...you never knew what team was going to show up from game to game...how many times this season did someone from the team say they needed 60 mins of effort. If I had to pick a moment when it all started to go wrong...that time they got in a fight with Columbus players for disrupting their soccer game.
That day has stuck in my craw too. At the least, it demonstrated how easily the mental focus of this team could be shaken.

That arena is going to be rocking and the Wild smell blood. They know they can win.

That's something this leadership group could never figure out. I don't understand how you don't buckle down and do everything in your power to fight back when the chips are stacked against you.

This is the last chance for a lot of guys. I think we'll see some familiar faces in different places once training camp starts.

CaptSMRT wrote:
rudy4u51 wrote:Come on guys at least give us a game 7. We out played them for the most part on fri. let's turn the score around on them today.

Okay Rudy...I am declaring a game 7 will be played. I am mopping the basement floor so there are no bad bounces on my end.
Thank you CaptSMRT. :lol:

Isn't it about time we go on a 10-12 game winning streak?

I was ready to go in 15 minutes, but just saw it's 2pm Central.

Oh well. At least these late starts and afternoon games will give them an excuse outside of their own play should the 'Good Ship LoliBlues' go down today ;)

LETS GO BLUES! PROVE that you have the gonads to win two games in a row this season's playoffs.
"Do Only Good Everyday"