Re: Im over it

Man in the box wrote:I admire your attempt to look forward and not back. It's not that they lost, but HOW they lost. Is bad.
This.

I can get over a hard fought battle where they just lost. But to not even show up, unacceptable.

I took more shots through the first 2 periods than the Blues team did.

CaptSMRT wrote:Someone was going to be up 2-1 after three games...2-1 doesn't mean shit. Lose the next one and its over... no need to panic.
I agree.

And I won't be one bit surprised if we come back and win game 4.

What really concerns me a lot though is if we do, we'll come out and play a crap game in game 5 since our backs won't be to the wall yet. We don't seem willing to put out the proper effort until we HAVE to. You keep doing that and you are begging to be defeated in a playoff series.

This type of pessimism goes against the way I do things personally, it's just that I have seen this team shit themselves so much over the years when they are not playing a must win or damn near a must win type of game.

We play the same way when we get a two goal lead in a game. Suddenly it's time to start letting up then.

It's bullshit.

rudy4u51 wrote:I remember this from a few days ago after the game one loss. The season was over. And then....we won game 2! And we were back to being awesome again. It was a miracle.
Down by one game and not even facing elimination?

I'll take that.

wizard pork sword wrote:
Man in the box wrote:I admire your attempt to look forward and not back. It's not that they lost, but HOW they lost. Is bad.
This.

I can get over a hard fought battle where they just lost. But to not even show up, unacceptable.

I took more shots through the first 2 periods than the Blues team did.

Both of these. I still think one of the best hockey games I've ever seen ended the Blues season. It was when Stevie Y put that long range shot over John Casey's left shoulder in the second OT of game 7. I can handle a loss, but I cannot handle what I witnessed last night. That was more than a loss.

Having said all that, I will stick with this team and believe that they have a chance to win right up to the end. Hopefully that end won't come until June, but I'm going to be there (probably with a lot of bitching and moaning along the way) until the bitter/ecstatic end.
2018-2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues. And I was alive to see it happen!

Topshelf331 wrote:I agree with the OP. As for the next few comments, its starting to smell of the asylum in here.
Yep. I was as disgusted last night as anybody, but I'll wait for the patient to die before I start pumping embalming fluid into his veins.

I always wondered, do they give a prize to the first person to declare its all over?