Re: The Calgary Flames

I was kind of hoping we would get Calgary as a wild card in Round 1 since we seemed to do well against them this year. But wow, they sure have taken it to the next level in the playoffs. I think they'll give Anaheim all they can handle in the next round, if that's the way it ends up.

Bennett sure looks like he's the real deal...looks like he's going to be a really great NHL'er. Pretty good 1-2 punch with Monahan and Bennett down the middle for the next 10 years. If they can find another goal scoring winger to add with Gauddreau, they are going to be a very good team in the west for years to come..
Hartley gets the most out of that defense. I'd love to see our Blues dmen copy that same game plan. We'd probably be unstoppable!
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

It's interesting to think of how the Alberta teams have fared after their cup final runs...

Edmonton has gone to utter and complete horse shit even with getting what...3 or 4 First Overall picks...

Calgary went poor, but stayed as not too shyte....and look at them now...

Edmonton STILL looks to be about 5 years away from playoff contention.

Battra wrote:It's interesting to think of how the Alberta teams have fared after their cup final runs...

Edmonton has gone to utter and complete horse shit even with getting what...3 or 4 First Overall picks...

Well, until a couple of days ago when they were handed McJesus.

I heard one of his coaches say he skates like Orr, has the vision of The Great One, and the hands of Super Mario.

I mean are you freaking kidding me?!

wizard pork sword wrote:
Battra wrote:It's interesting to think of how the Alberta teams have fared after their cup final runs...

I heard one of his coaches say he skates like Orr, has the vision of The Great One, and the hands of Super Mario.

McJesus cannot save them.

Let's say he goes nutty and scores 120 points....that doesn't win them more than ten more games over this season.

Which still puts them 17 points out of the final Wild Card spot.

wizard pork sword wrote:

I hope they took him for a drug test right after making that statement

wizard pork sword wrote:Just to clarify...The "are you freaking kidding me" wasn't in reference to you saying they were 5 years away, but rather that that's his skillset.

I hope the kid pulls a Lindros, but I'm sure he won't.
Oh I know.

barnburner wrote:
wizard pork sword wrote:

I hope they took him for a drug test right after making that statement
That was former Blue Dale Hawerchuk that said that and while he was a huge partier back in his day, based on what I've seen of McDavid, can't say that I disagree with him. He will definitely be one of the best skaters in the NHL when plays his first game next October...probably top 5. His hands are as good as I've seen...so the only one I might argue is the "Gretzky vision" but based on what's he's accomplished so far...looks like he's got that as well.
Guess I'll have to get a drug test too.... :lol:
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

wizard pork sword wrote:I'm pretty sure everyone outside of Vancouver is rooting for the Flames.

Vancouver, is just such an unlikable team.
I want the Blues to Smash Face the Hawks and their new darling media star.

Then I want to get paybacks for 86.

Icing on the cake, to humiliate Detroit in the SCF.

"America is TOO great for small dreams!" Ronald Reagan

Now war arose in hockey heaven, Vladimir and his angels fighting against the dragon. And the dragon and its fans fought back, but they were defeated, and there was no longer any place for them in hockey heaven. And the great dragon was thrown down, that ancient serpent, who is called the Hawks and the Wings, deceivers of the whole hockey world—they were thrown down to the earth, and their fans were thrown down with them.

Let's go biblical on the dragon and exercise all our past demons once and for all. I ask this for all of our fans O Hockey Gods!