Re: Moses leaving KHL

Most of the writers and bloggers whose opinion I value who have weighed in on Moses believe he will have difficulty adjusting to the NHL as a smaller stature player. Basically, for every Tyler Johnson or Johnny Gaudreau there are 100 talented guys who just can't figure out how to survive the NHL grind and be an effective player at that size.

As far as what it would cost to sign him, I'm not familiar enough with the CBA to know if a 25 year old is still subject to the ELC requirements. At $900k he'd be a worthwhile gamble. IF he can command $2M or more as a UFA I'd be reluctant to take that chance.

Turk Sanderson wrote:
Blueblood wrote:Wants to play in the NHL next season. With not having a #1 draft pick this year should the Blues make a serious run at signing him? Do they have the cap room with Tarasenko and Schwartz coming up?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/khl-g ... -nhl-next/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nope..sign Jonas Enlund to a Lehtera type deal instead.
With Enlund, sure there's the hope the whole Lehtera, Enlund, Tarasenko line would mesh, but honestly with Vladdy blossoming and the otehr two not on his top-six forward level, I feel like keeping that whole line together would only hurt the Blues and probably hold Vladdy back at this point.

Meanwhile with Moses, I would probably be interested in signing him to a Lehtera type deal (maybe shorter term if that much) but nothing more, which I'm sure some team would do.

Oates2Hullie450 wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:
Blueblood wrote:Wants to play in the NHL next season. With not having a #1 draft pick this year should the Blues make a serious run at signing him? Do they have the cap room with Tarasenko and Schwartz coming up?

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/khl-g ... -nhl-next/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nope..sign Jonas Enlund to a Lehtera type deal instead.
With Enlund, sure there's the hope the whole Lehtera, Enlund, Tarasenko line would mesh, but honestly with Vladdy blossoming and the otehr two not on his top-six forward level, I feel like keeping that whole line together would only hurt the Blues and probably hold Vladdy back at this point.

Meanwhile with Moses, I would probably be interested in signing him to a Lehtera type deal (maybe shorter term if that much) but nothing more, which I'm sure some team would do.
My interest in Enlund is twofold. First, it moves Schwartz to Stasny's line...a much needed remedy for Berglund's lost scoring ability. Second, Enlund is another set-up guy for Vova, who can also score when given the opportunity.

I brought up Moses name a couple of times over at Bluestalk throughout the year. The last thing I read about him mentioned that Jarmo was very interested in him.
Signing him would be a huge risk, I think he only wants a one way deal, ala Peter Mueller. I'd just as soon let somebody else signs him and if he pans out then so be it. You win some, you lose some.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

blue to the bone wrote:Are the numbers he put up really that special? I don't know anything about the KHL or what a "good" season statistically is.
Those are good numbers for The KHL. But goals or points-per-game in The KHL most often don't translate to same in The NHL's smaller rinks and higher level of competitive game. One has to analyse his over all game for its translation ability to NHL play. With The Blues being near the salary cap for next season, I don't think it would be wise for them to get into a bidding war for a player that might or might not be just an "adequate 3rd liner for them, when they may have better candidates in house, who will be paid (at most) the rookie maximum.