holy smokes

Sorry for doing this, but have any of you guys been over to Blues Talk in recent days? The two morons have totally taken over. It is pathetic.

Again, sorry to bring up that cesspool in the new forum.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming...

Re: holy smokes

I've been posting a little bit over there still, but it's just so depressing. Still many good posters over there but not many are really regular contributors so their voices get lost in the maelstrom of negativity/trolling.

Rink Rat wrote:Sorry for doing this, but have any of you guys been over to Blues Talk in recent days? The two morons have totally taken over. It is pathetic.

Rat, I was tempted to post the same thing, but decided not to give them any "air time". It's interesting.....it took me all of 5 minutes of being on BT to realize what a freakin' joy this place is by comparison (by the way, I can't get used to the freedom to say fucking instead of freakin', so bear with me while I adjust). I was slow to sign up over here, but now that I have, I'm sold.

I agree with both of you, Rink Rat and Rantomono. It has been depressing at Times over their even when the Blues are winning, they aren't Happy sometimes.Plus Bleeder and Verson constant non stop bashing of Elliott has gotten real old.I understand and get it they don't like Elliott but they keep posting over and over and over again for a few years now .Has gotten really old and real boring.But what I don't like .Wheter, its Elliott or Allen in the net .I want BOTH of our Goalies to do well and WIN and I Happy when they do.Those 2, are only Happy when Allen Wins and really Happy when Blues lose and Elliott in the net.I am a Blues Fan,even if I think a Blues player is so so .I still am going to root for him to do well and help the Blues win.I can't say the same thing for those 2.Oh Well. Lets Go Blues.

Matangama wrote:
Rink Rat wrote:Sorry for doing this, but have any of you guys been over to Blues Talk in recent days? The two morons have totally taken over. It is pathetic.

Rat, I was tempted to post the same thing, but decided not to give them any "air time". It's interesting.....it took me all of 5 minutes of being on BT to realize what a freakin' joy this place is by comparison (by the way, I can't get used to the freedom to say fucking instead of freakin', so bear with me while I adjust). I was slow to sign up over here, but now that I have, I'm sold.
I have done a couple 'drive by' looks, but have had zero desire to post over there anymore. At first it was like 'ha ha' look at you idiots still bickering, now it is just sad to see what that place turned into. I'd rather participate in a place with occasional foul language, boob gifs, bad grammar, and intelligent conversation than that repetitive trolling cesspool.

Thanks to TC and SMRTass for this board, and for everyone else who made the switch. Even after a few weeks now it is still a breath of not so fresh air...but I like it :twisted:
"Do Only Good Everyday"

Heck, I'm all for everyone expressing their opinion. I worked in the media, newspapers, for nearly 40 years, I'm a big fan of speaking your mind, making a valid argument, supporting your point of view. Those two, assuming they are actual, real, living and breathing people, are just void of any kind of sense. Neither are Blues fans, that much is clear from the jump. Both have a personal (purely personal) issue with Elliott. Neither have the ability to engage in decent, reasonable debate. Verson resorts to calling everyone an idiot, and Bleedr is too busy "laughing" to see how moronic he sounds when he insists in one breath that save percentage is all-important, and in the next it is meaningless.

Here's a question: (and again, I'm sorry for bringing those two idiots over here, even in this thread) Are they real? Are they just pure shit-disturbing trolls with an agenda? I can't figure it out.

Thanks to whoever set this up, it is nice to have a place to go and talk Blues hockey without the nonsense. We might not all always agree, but at least here I feel like I am treated with respect despite my opinion.

I check it out every once in awhile out of curiosity but I stopped posting there when I signed up here because this is now my Blues forum home.

I won't post anything there again unless we win the Cup. Then I'll be posting Blues stuff on every forum in the world.

Rink Rat wrote:Heck, I'm all for everyone expressing their opinion. I worked in the media, newspapers, for nearly 40 years, I'm a big fan of speaking your mind, making a valid argument, supporting your point of view. Those two, assuming they are actual, real, living and breathing people, are just void of any kind of sense. Neither are Blues fans, that much is clear from the jump. Both have a personal (purely personal) issue with Elliott. Neither have the ability to engage in decent, reasonable debate. Verson resorts to calling everyone an idiot, and Bleedr is too busy "laughing" to see how moronic he sounds when he insists in one breath that save percentage is all-important, and in the next it is meaningless.

Here's a question: (and again, I'm sorry for bringing those two idiots over here, even in this thread) Are they real? Are they just pure shit-disturbing trolls with an agenda? I can't figure it out.

Thanks to whoever set this up, it is nice to have a place to go and talk Blues hockey without the nonsense. We might not all always agree, but at least here I feel like I am treated with respect despite my opinion.
Well said Rink Rat.I agree with you.I also wonder like you said if they are for real also or are they their for the whole purpose to shit disturb and they seem to like it and I wonder if they do it ,to get more traffic there .Plus I also agree, their not Blues Fans.

It's like a class being taught by a substitute. They have free reign over there to be the biggest asses possible. If you are really that unhappy with a team, go root for someone else or stop watching altogether. Oh well. I'm extremely glad to have this board to read and post on.

oldbattler wrote:
Rink Rat wrote:Heck, I'm all for everyone expressing their opinion. I worked in the media, newspapers, for nearly 40 years, I'm a big fan of speaking your mind, making a valid argument, supporting your point of view. Those two, assuming they are actual, real, living and breathing people, are just void of any kind of sense. Neither are Blues fans, that much is clear from the jump. Both have a personal (purely personal) issue with Elliott. Neither have the ability to engage in decent, reasonable debate. Verson resorts to calling everyone an idiot, and Bleedr is too busy "laughing" to see how moronic he sounds when he insists in one breath that save percentage is all-important, and in the next it is meaningless.

Well said Rink Rat.I agree with you.I also wonder like you said if they are for real also or are they their for the whole purpose to shit disturb and they seem to like it and I wonder if they do it ,to get more traffic there .Plus I also agree, their not Blues Fans.
Any adult who engages in constant trolling behavior has serious mental/emotional issues. It's one thing to get frustrated and blow off steam, or even to post a lot of overly negative things, but when you take that step and post only to elicit strong negative reactions from others online you're showing serious issues. There have been plenty of studies showing that the type of people who engage in this behavior exhibit signs of narcissism, and severe anti-social personality traits.
Basically these people are sociopaths at worst and at best emotionally/mentally disturbed.

I still wonder why at least a couple of posters haven't made the switch over here but It's good to see that so many have made the switch.
I browsed the "current affairs" forum the other day and like page 2 at the time was all spam posts by the same poster! Who the hell has time to do that?
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

There seems to be a group of people at BT, and the other pd forums, who feel their self worth is linked to their ability to criticize and demean the players and management of their sports teams.
When these "fans", can't even bring themselves to celebrate success, that pretty much tells the story.
Sad.

Responsible criticism is one thing. All negative, all the time, is quite another

The timing of this thread is kind of funny...I haven't posted over there since joining BNF, but I have visited on a daily basis to see what's going on. Nearly all the good posters are here, with almost none of the bad. It's so refreshing to have decent Blues discussion without having to wade through the negativity.

However, before I pat myself on the back for not posting over there anymore, I actually just responded to a completely asinine comment from Rollin' on the River 2 just a little while ago. I couldn't resist. Now I feel like a fool for getting baited by his stupidity!

Since I found this place I haven't made a single post over there. I've still been lurking, but I'm about to give that up as well. It's depressing with all the negativity and hatred. I too have been guilty of being dragged down to their level at times, something I'm not proud of.

I gave up on the PD and don't really even check on it daily any more. Not only was it the negativity, but constant bickering and in-fighting made it almost impossible to engage in real hockey talk. I love it here. Even though we can disagree and sometimes strongly, it has remained civil.

The current PD Blues Forum reminds me of the last days of the old forum on the Blues web site before it was closed. Very sad.

First post here!!! Nice to be around adults for a change. The negativity on the other place got so bad that I haven't even turned on a Blues game for a while--they just sucked the fun right out of it. After 40+ years as a fan, that really bothered me. I WILL catch the game Friday night, the recovery period has already begun. My only request here is that we keep goalie threads to the minimum necessary. :lol:

1) T.C. Excellent Damone reference!

2) Obviously I haven't posted at BT in years, but I would read it every other day or so just to see how people are doing or if there was any Blues news I missed. (So bummed when Stone Cold died, he was a great guy, I'm glad to have gotten to know him), but since I joined here I have read BT about three times.

3) Having read one poster saying that Verson guy is rightagain I am wondering if any of you old timers agree? I do see the argumentative part and his avoiding admitting when he is wrong, but Verson doesn't seem like as big of an asshole as Todd was. I guess he could have mellowed with age!

4) Which one of you was doing the fake Tommy routine?