Re: C'mon Ref, on Abdelkader's Broken Stick

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Maybe because Petro pushed Abdelkader into Allen and that caused the stick to break.
How many people have to tell you that's not what happened for you to realize it? Did you read what Kerry Fraser wrote about it no you didn't. I didn't need anybody to tell me because I could see with my own two eyes that's not what happened. Abdelkader never made contact with Allen and Petro never pushed him.

Fraser wrote:

Let's examine the specifics of this play. While the integrity of Justin Abdelkader's stick may have been compromised previously, it is important to note that Alex Pietrangelo (or any Blues player) did NOT make contact with or slash Abdelkader's stick shaft which could have broken the stick. Had that occurred a slashing penalty would most likely have been assessed. Regardless as to how a stick is broken, there is no discretion for the referee to allow a player to continue playing with a broken stick. The player must drop the broken stick before participating in the play!

Pietrangelo "fronted" Abdelkader as the shot was directed toward the net and was not in physical contact with Abdelkader or his stick.

Abdelkader spun around and swung his stick with velocity in an effort to dislodge the puck and/or play a potential rebound. In doing so Abdelkader's stick made significant contact to both Allen's equipment and the ice resulting in breakage in the mid to upper shaft area of Abdelkader's stick as witnessed by the overhead replay.

Qapod The Mortician wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:Maybe because Petro pushed Abdelkader into Allen and that caused the stick to break.
How many people have to tell you that's not what happened for you to realize it? Did you read what Kerry Fraser wrote about it no you didn't. I didn't need anybody to tell me because I could see with my own two eyes that's not what happened. Abdelkader never made contact with Allen and Petro never pushed him.

Fraser wrote:

Let's examine the specifics of this play. While the integrity of Justin Abdelkader's stick may have been compromised previously, it is important to note that Alex Pietrangelo (or any Blues player) did NOT make contact with or slash Abdelkader's stick shaft which could have broken the stick. Had that occurred a slashing penalty would most likely have been assessed. Regardless as to how a stick is broken, there is no discretion for the referee to allow a player to continue playing with a broken stick. The player must drop the broken stick before participating in the play!

Pietrangelo "fronted" Abdelkader as the shot was directed toward the net and was not in physical contact with Abdelkader or his stick.

Abdelkader spun around and swung his stick with velocity in an effort to dislodge the puck and/or play a potential rebound. In doing so Abdelkader's stick made significant contact to both Allen's equipment and the ice resulting in breakage in the mid to upper shaft area of Abdelkader's stick as witnessed by the overhead replay.
Qapod this guys name tells you he is trollling. Let it be. He is looking for someone to confront. My guess is he lives his life with a double standard.

Just kick back put on for whom the bell tolls and enjoy

rcbcmr wrote:
Qapod The Mortician wrote:

Fraser wrote:

Qapod this guys name tells you he is trollling. Let it be. He is looking for someone to confront. My guess is he lives his life with a double standard.

Just kick back put on for whom the bell tolls and enjoy
Yeah, he bears strong resemblance to one of the trolls from BTalk.
He not worth arguing with.

MiamiLaw wrote:Has the league issued any statement at least apologizing to the Blues for the missed call? That is a huge point in the standings that the Blues lost the opportunity to get. As I said in another thread, could be the difference between facing WPG and CHI in the first round...
Not that I know of....on the other hand if this call had gone against the Red Wings or an of those Northeastern teams up there you would have thought their city had been bombed by terrorists the media coverage would have been so over the top.
Last edited by Qapod The Mortician on Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MiamiLaw wrote:Has the league issued any statement at least apologizing to the Blues for the missed call? That is a huge point in the standings that the Blues lost the opportunity to get. As I said in another thread, could be the difference between facing WPG and CHI in the first round...
While i completely agree it was a botched call/goal i disagree wholeheartedly that you suggest we could have won that game and gotten the other point.

This game reminded me of the jets game just two games ago.

We absolutely did not deserve a point that game and got lucky we got one against det.

We were playing to keep a 1 goal lead which has not/will not work in this nhl and we have done this to ourselves at an alarmingly infuriating rate the past few years.

In summation NO that goal SHOULD NOT HAVE COUNTED but we also NEED to be scoring MORE than 1 goal so shenanigans like this are not a concern
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote:While i completely agree it was a botched call/goal i disagree wholeheartedly that you suggest we could have won that game and gotten the other point.
I wouldn't be so sure. Calling the play correctly would have meant giving Abdelkader a penalty for playing with a broken stick. That would have meant 3-on-3 for 20 seconds followed by 1:40 of 4-on-3 for the Blues. Certainly not a cinch, but I would have like our chances.

MissouriMook wrote:
Ozzies09tc wrote:While i completely agree it was a botched call/goal i disagree wholeheartedly that you suggest we could have won that game and gotten the other point.
I wouldn't be so sure. Calling the play correctly would have meant giving Abdelkader a penalty for playing with a broken stick. That would have meant 3-on-3 for 20 seconds followed by 1:40 of 4-on-3 for the Blues. Certainly not a cinch, but I would have like our chances.
Well the way i interpreted what kerry fraser said was (paraphrasing) [it should have been a penalty but since it was a "bang-bang" play the refs usually let these ones go] so i was thinking more 4 on 3 then possibly another pp goal or (i guess we could have) won in the so

But we played so lethargic it was maddening

And please for the love of all that is holy no blues/pens spoilers

Im at work til 11 and watch the replays at midnite :)
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!