Re: Sens 1pt back now with two games in hand

NHLTIM wrote:
oldbattler wrote: I agree with Rantonmo.If Blues lose in 1st round again .I thing Hitch will be let go.Plus ,Hitch is on his last year of his contract I think. So the Blues aren't going to have to paid him, if he is let Go. My Question and I don't know .How long Army has been signed thru. But if Blues lose again, I think Hitch time is Done here in St.Louis and I like Hitch but thats the way it is in NHL.
I don't think there is any doubt Hitch is walking away if we lose. I'd almost bet the house on him walking away even if we win the whole thing. Also if we lose, he will resign on his own....he won't actually be fired because Army won't do that to him.
Nor should he. Although Hitch hasn't taken us to the promised land, he has taken us from miserable to respectable. People pick the Blues year after year as a SCF favorite, and as you all know that is in large part thanks to Hitch. I'm hoping for a change next season regardless of this years outcome, but I have a lot of respect and gratitude for what Hitch has done for this team.

Re: Sens 1pt back now with two games in hand

NHLTIM wrote:
oldbattler wrote: I agree with Rantonmo.If Blues lose in 1st round again .I thing Hitch will be let go.Plus ,Hitch is on his last year of his contract I think. So the Blues aren't going to have to paid him, if he is let Go. My Question and I don't know .How long Army has been signed thru. But if Blues lose again, I think Hitch time is Done here in St.Louis and I like Hitch but thats the way it is in NHL.
I don't think there is any doubt Hitch is walking away if we lose. I'd almost bet the house on him walking away even if we win the whole thing. Also if we lose, he will resign on his own....he won't actually be fired because Army won't do that to him.
And the respect level is mutual. Hitch will know what to do, and won't force Army to fire him by digging in his heels. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to find that they have actually talked (in generalities) about the possible end of season scenarios.

It sounds like we're thinking along the same lines Tim. 1st round exit - fall on your sword. Win it all - go out on top. Everything in between - come back at least one more year to take care of unfinished business.