Sens 1pt back now with two games in hand

Would be a great story to see them sneak in. So my question is this. If the Bruins don't get in and end up firing Chiarelli, and the Blues have a normal postseason and end up firing Army, is Pete Chiarelli our new GM?
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Re: Sens 1pt back now with two games in hand

ratonmono wrote:
HockeyFan85 wrote:I doubt the Blues fire Army, no matter how their postseason goes.
Yeah I don't think Army gets the axe unless we're swept in the 1st round or something dramatic like that.
Blues losing the first round...yeah that will never happen. :lol:

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote:
ratonmono wrote:
HockeyFan85 wrote:I doubt the Blues fire Army, no matter how their postseason goes.
Yeah I don't think Army gets the axe unless we're swept in the 1st round or something dramatic like that.
Blues losing the first round...yeah that will never happen. :lol:
I said swept, not lose. But I don't really want Chiarelli even if we do fire Army. Chiarelli has made some really really bad trades the last few years. Moving Seguin was unforgivable to me. Just bone headed as hell.

ratonmono wrote: I said swept, not lose. But I don't really want Chiarelli even if we do fire Army. Chiarelli has made some really really bad trades the last few years. Moving Seguin was unforgivable to me. Just bone headed as hell.
Seguin was the obvious choice to be moved. He would have been the 3rd line center and set to make a lot of money. He had off ice problems. The return left something to be desired, but the fact he was traded was a foregone conclusion.

d--train wrote:
ratonmono wrote: I said swept, not lose. But I don't really want Chiarelli even if we do fire Army. Chiarelli has made some really really bad trades the last few years. Moving Seguin was unforgivable to me. Just bone headed as hell.
Seguin was the obvious choice to be moved. He would have been the 3rd line center and set to make a lot of money. He had off ice problems. The return left something to be desired, but the fact he was traded was a foregone conclusion.
If one had to go, you bite the bullet and move Krejci. No way do you choose to move a 21 year old budding star. It was a bad move then and it looks even worse now.

ratonmono wrote:
I said swept, not lose. But I don't really want Chiarelli even if we do fire Army. Chiarelli has made some really really bad trades the last few years. Moving Seguin was unforgivable to me. Just bone headed as hell.
If this team loses in the first round again regardless of whether it's sweep or a triple OT game 7 loss and Army should definitely be on the hot seat. A first round loss is unacceptable.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

Turk Sanderson wrote:I was following some of the Boston boards leading up to the trade deadline, since it was widely reported that we were scouting them. There didn't seem to be much love and or respect for Chiarelli at the time. I'd rather keep Army. The grass isn't always greener...
I'm a huge Army fan, I'd like to see him stay

"Suck a dick Johansen"

NHLTIM wrote:
ratonmono wrote:
If this team loses in the first round again regardless of whether it's sweep or a triple OT game 7 loss and Army should definitely be on the hot seat. A first round loss is unacceptable.
Yeah he will be on the hot seat but I'm not so certain that he'll be the one to get the axe. If we're out in the 1st round Hitch will not be back but I think Armstrong will stick around most likely. Coaches lose their jobs all the time but GMs typically get a few more chances. I'd be fine with firing Army after a 1st round loss, just not so sure it would happen. Also I'd be a bit worried about who they brought in might tear down a team that doesn't really need tearing down.

NHLTIM wrote:
Turk Sanderson wrote:I was following some of the Boston boards leading up to the trade deadline, since it was widely reported that we were scouting them. There didn't seem to be much love and or respect for Chiarelli at the time. I'd rather keep Army. The grass isn't always greener...
He hasn't had a great last couple years, but I'd like to see him stay. I'd like to see a new coach with this group.

d--train wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:
He hasn't had a great last couple years, but I'd like to see him stay. I'd like to see a new coach with this group.
I think that Hitch is the guy on the hot seat at this point....Army has given him a full arsenal, deepest team that we've ever had, if Hitch cannot motivate them, then he should be replaced. His numbers don't lie, 700 wins means that he's been doing something right for a long time...but if his system doesn't fit the personnel, and we don't go far into the playoffs, then maybe a different coach is in order...I'm a huge Hitch fan, too.btw.

It's incredibly frustrating to think about how good we can be with this team but how far we still have to go when it counts.

There are 7 currently active NHL coaches with Stanley Cups, including Hitch. But there are only 2 with multiple Cups. That's Q and Sutter, the two teams who have given us hell the past few years. It's incredibly difficult to win once, and crazy difficult to do it twice, and also extremely rare to win with two different teams.

So on the one hand I think Hitch should be gone if the Blues don't noticeably improve in the postseason this year. On the other hand... is there really a better option? I'm not sure there is. I'd love to have Babcock next year if Hitch goes, but the likelihood that he'll actually leave Detroit is pretty slim. I would have liked to get Laviolette, but I understand why we weren't about to give up on Hitch yet after last season when we got destroyed by injuries down the stretch and had a big whiff on a goaltender trade. At least with Hitch you know you're getting a guy with an above average track record.

Does anyone think Hamburgular can sustain this success into the playoffs and going forward next year or do you consider this more of a "flash in the pan" scenario?

I'm leaning toward the latter, but I cannot deny how impressive this guy has been. It's like he and Dubnyk had what occurred in Space Jam happen to them (absorbing the talents of NBA superstars).

Anton Chigurh wrote:Does anyone think Hamburgular can sustain this success into the playoffs and going forward next year or do you consider this more of a "flash in the pan" scenario?

I'm leaning toward the latter, but I cannot deny how impressive this guy has been. It's like he and Dubnyk had what occurred in Space Jam happen to them (absorbing the talents of NBA superstars).
There's absolutely no way. The league is littered with Jim Carey's...

More so than any other position in any other sport except maybe relief pitchers in baseball do these guys just show up and dominate then disappear just as quickly.

Hamburglar might be able to keep it going heading into the playoffs....can't see them upsetting the Rangers though. Sens have been getting solid production from everybody...especially Stone and Hoffman and I don't think anybody saw that coming. I think I saw a stat on their last game that Stone has like 18 goals and half of them have been scored in the 3rd period.
Back to the Bruins though...they are in real trouble as Hamilton is now sidelined indefinitely.

"Suck a dick Johansen"

ratonmono wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:
ratonmono wrote:
Yeah he will be on the hot seat but I'm not so certain that he'll be the one to get the axe. If we're out in the 1st round Hitch will not be back but I think Armstrong will stick around most likely. Coaches lose their jobs all the time but GMs typically get a few more chances. I'd be fine with firing Army after a 1st round loss, just not so sure it would happen. Also I'd be a bit worried about who they brought in might tear down a team that doesn't really need tearing down.
I agree with Rantonmo.If Blues lose in 1st round again .I thing Hitch will be let go.Plus ,Hitch is on his last year of his contract I think. So the Blues aren't going to have to paid him, if he is let Go. My Question and I don't know .How long Army has been signed thru. But if Blues lose again, I think Hitch time is Done here in St.Louis and I like Hitch but thats the way it is in NHL.

oldbattler wrote: I agree with Rantonmo.If Blues lose in 1st round again .I thing Hitch will be let go.Plus ,Hitch is on his last year of his contract I think. So the Blues aren't going to have to paid him, if he is let Go. My Question and I don't know .How long Army has been signed thru. But if Blues lose again, I think Hitch time is Done here in St.Louis and I like Hitch but thats the way it is in NHL.
I don't think there is any doubt Hitch is walking away if we lose. I'd almost bet the house on him walking away even if we win the whole thing. Also if we lose, he will resign on his own....he won't actually be fired because Army won't do that to him.

"Suck a dick Johansen"