Re: GDT: Blues vs Wild -7:00 3:16

RAFritchey wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:55 pm I'm not as down on top-line players like Kyrou as many here, and yet I still find myself more excited to see what our 'fourth line' does in most games.
It's like TC said awhile back. He'll probably find success but it won't be here..I believe that. He's just not putting it together here.

He needs to suck it up, grow up and prove people wrong because he's been coasting on his talent all his career so far.

BluesSK wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:07 pm
RAFritchey wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:55 pm I'm not as down on top-line players like Kyrou as many here, and yet I still find myself more excited to see what our 'fourth line' does in most games.
It's like TC said awhile back. He'll probably find success but it won't be here..I believe that. He's just not putting it together here.

He needs to suck it up, grow up and prove people wrong because he's been coasting on his talent all his career so far.
He’ll amp it up once the kids start coming aboard. Better days ahead for the whole team.

BillP wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:33 pm

He’ll amp it up once the kids start coming aboard. Better days ahead for the whole team.
He's certainly got his flaws but in a way he's already lived up to his talent in that he was a 2nd round pick. Agree with Bill, we need more talent surrounding him. Teams are so easy to just key in on him and Thomas with our lack of secondary scoring.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:14 pm

He's certainly got his flaws but in a way he's already lived up to his talent in that he was a 2nd round pick. Agree with Bill, we need more talent surrounding him. Teams are so easy to just key in on him and Thomas with our lack of secondary scoring.
He's paid over $8M a year. It's up to him to make his teammates better. Not for them to make him look good.

And you can blame that on Armstrong if you want but you don't pay a guy that kind of money to be the supporting cast.
Last edited by BluesSK on Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well, a positive is that there doesn't seem to be a 'boy band' clique like back when T.J. Oshie and crowd were here, fomenting dealing Oshie to Washington, where he finally started playing a more complete game. The cast around Kyrou makes me think he's more likely to take that step here.

BluesSK wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 6:35 pm

He's paid over $8M a year. It's up to him to make his teammates better. Not for them to make him look good.

And you can blame that on Armstrong if you want but you don't pay a guy that kind of money to be the supporting cast.
I'm tough but fair. Good goal Kyrou. 😀

Let's not make Kyrou's contract the standard we go by 🥴

On pace for between 35-40 points at age 21 isn't bad, though. He's significantly improved from the player with a muffin of a shot we saw just a year ago, and his all around game is great for his age. In that wishwash of a draft year that 2020 was, the Blues did well.

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:24 pm Let's not make Kyrou's contract the standard we go by 🥴

On pace for between 35-40 points at age 21 isn't bad, though. He's significantly improved from the player with a muffin of a shot we saw just a year ago, and his all around game is great for his age. In that wishwash of a draft year that 2020 was, the Blues did well.
Haha. Yeah, that's for sure

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:24 pm Let's not make Kyrou's contract the standard we go by 🥴

The good news is, his cap hit is only 8.125 mil, his actual salary is 9 mil
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!