Re: GDT: Blues vs Jets - 7:00 2/27

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:46 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:13 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:39 pm Maaaaaaybe hofer isnt as good as we thought?
He has an average at best team in front of him. He’s at worst a capable back up. I think it highlights more how good Binner is and how much he bails this team out.

The 3rd goal tonight though was soft. But that’s a backup for you
I think the move goaltending is to keep status quo with this tandem next year. Binner has bounced back to form, and Hofer has performed as well as you'd hope a kid would in his first NHL season. Devoting just under $7M to goaltending is pretty good cap management, and the performance overall has been solid.

Early in the year I was on board with the idea of trading Binnington while he was hot, but that was also during a pessimistic tear it down and start over period. Hofer has one more year left on his entry level deal. I think you take that year of cheap labor and figure out what the picture looks like at that point.
Agree with all of this. Zherenko is having another solid season in the AHL, by the time Hofer's contract comes up, he should be ready to fill that role with a higher ceiling.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Re: GDT: Blues vs Jets - 7:00 2/27

BillP wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:19 am
Robb_K wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 8:35 pm Great save by Hofer after Hayes' bad pass!
Hayes should be a better player. He looks like a bad prospect out there. He adds nothing to this team at all. A complete waste.
He skates like he's stuck in molasses, and tires quickly. If he's making bad passes along with that, he's almost totally worthless. He was signed because management thought he'd be effective as a large-bodied net presence. But The Blues are getting that from Neighbours, and Toropchenko, and Schenn. And Snugeruud will add to that. So, I don't want to see him take shifts away from their looking at one of their young prospects.