Re: GDT: Blues vs Isles - 7:00 2/22

BluesSK wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:20 pm Jordan Binnington will never be a hall of famer but his number will hang from the rafters.

NHL fans don't realize how important of a player he is to this franchise
He'll be in the Blues hall of fame for sure. But yeah, I think he'll be much more of a local legend than a national one, simply because I think he's so hated around the league :lol:
Just a Russian propaganda account

BluesSK wrote: Jordan Binnington will never be a hall of famer but his number will hang from the rafters.

If he does then that's great news for Blues fans. That would mean roughly 400 wins and 3 Stanley Cup belts. And to be honest, I do think he's going to win a 2nd Cup here in the near future.

BillP. wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:03 am
BluesSK wrote: Jordan Binnington will never be a hall of famer but his number will hang from the rafters.

If he does then that's great news for Blues fans. That would mean roughly 400 wins and 3 Stanley Cup belts. And to be honest, I do think he's going to win a 2nd Cup here in the near future.
He won't sniff 400 wins. If he played 7 more years he'd have to average 37 wins a year and he's only hit 30 once. 300 is within reach for him though which would double any other goalie in Blues history. We use to dream of days like this.
Just a Russian propaganda account

BluesSK wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 10:20 pm Jordan Binnington will never be a hall of famer but his number will hang from the rafters.

Sixteen wins in the postseason says he will be... and he will have another great run. He is only two rings behind Roy at this point.

Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:54 pm
BlueinNy wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:47 pm I'm trying to figure out why he's up,is it to showcase him for the trade deadline, do they really think he can make an offensive difference,or are they giving up on the year and giving the young man accustomed to nhl speed. Time will tell, his #s in the ahl aren't really that good.
Agreed. His qmjhl numbers were great, ahl not so good. Maybe a package deal of here's bolduc and x to get rid of x for a pick?

It is an odd time to bring him up....
I believe he's been very good in the AHL recently, but had a slow start. Add that to DPW's comments about how crappy the team has been 5v5, specifically the bottom 6 wingers, it makes a lot of sense. Hopefully he gets another game that's not a special teams fest so he can get a better chance to get in the flow of a game.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

The counterpoint to this is I don't think fans of other teams need to necessarily care. Everyone leaguewide knows he was the catalyst for the Cup win. It's a shame the pandemic robbed this team of the chance to defend that Cup in a normal fashion since they were in great shape before everything shut down, but weren't the same in the bubble (Binner included).

The fact that Binnington is pretty loathed leaguewide is a bit of a badge of honor for him I think, particularly since his game has picked back up this season. He'll definitely get his number retired, and if he plays out his career here he may even get a statue depending on how things go. I don't think he'll hit 400 or even 300, but that's largely because he's older than you think, turning 31 this summer.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!