Re: GDT: Blues vs Oilers 2/15 7:00

BluesSK wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:50 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:47 pm Buchnevich will be a huge loss at the trade deadline, and i still believe he will be gone
No. He's not an impending UFA. There's no reason to move him right now.

The players have shown Armstrong this is a playoff team. We won't be big buyers but I don't think we are sellers now.
It's POSSIBLE that some team makes Armstrong an offer that he can't refuse (And doesn't involve his waking up with a horses severed head in his bed), but the way the Blues have been playing, I think they'd be leaning HEAVILY towards keeping Buchnevich to make sure they make the playoffs and have a decent shot at maybe even making it to round two.

Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:47 pm Buchnevich will be a huge loss at the trade deadline, and i still believe he will be gone
I can't believe management would do that. The owners want playoff revenue. They wouldn't allow Armstrong to do that, even if he wanted to do it. He's not a pending free agent, and The Blues will not want to risk dropping out of the playoffs, and will want their best possible playoff seeding. Also,- making the playoffs is good for team morale, especially for the developing young players.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:48 pm Unreal.

Jake Neighbours is turning into an absolute beast right before our eyes.
And at the beginning of this season, some posters said he wasn't ready to play in The NHL, because he plays "too soft". Yet, he's stationed right in front of the opposing team's net, whenever The Blues are in The O-Zone, and he's already got around 20 goals. He's become what several of us thought he would, only faster than some of us expected. Good news for The Blues' near future.