Re: Blues vs. Kraken, Fri, Jan 26, 2024

Robb_K wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:10 pm The Blues are making a lot of good hits now, and seem to have been re-energised by the tying goal. Maybe they can pull out a regulation win and go 3-0 on this Western Road Trip?
Seattle is also just a point behind us in the Western wild-card race, though we have a game in hand. It'd be a BIG difference to win this one in regulation.

RAFritchey wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:39 pm 6 for 6 on points on this road trip!

I still don't think we'd go far, but we really are looking like we could be a wild-card team, given the teams we've beaten, two other wild-card contenders and the current best team in the NHL.
We might be a 1st rd upset.

We def have a goalie that can steal a series (as long as we keep kadri away from him)
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

RAFritchey wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:00 am The trade deadline is 6 weeks away. If we're in a wild-card spot by then, do we actually look to ADD something to the team? If so, what?
We could use another young scoring winger, or centre, and a young Top 4 LD who is a hitter, great on positioning, and defensive awareness. But this team, even with that help, is not likely to win more than 1 series. So, I wouldn't waste draft assets on trying to get better THIS season. The only deals I'd make would need to be sleeper, lopsided trades in our favour. I can't imagine that happening.

I'd like them to get Perron back (for free). But that's not going to happen.

RAFritchey wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:00 am The trade deadline is 6 weeks away. If we're in a wild-card spot by then, do we actually look to ADD something to the team? If so, what?
Are the Blues a player away from being a cup contender? imo, they are not. You just go into the playoffs with the team that got you there if this is the scenario. No way you give up assets during a "retool". Blues also have next to zero cap space to not move salary to acquire salary.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:37 am
Are the Blues a player away from being a cup contender? imo, they are not. You just go into the playoffs with the team that got you there if this is the scenario. No way you give up assets during a "retool". Blues also have next to zero cap space to not move salary to acquire salary.
This. If we make it, mayyyybe be a 1st rd upset, then do everything we planned on doing in the offseason as opposed to the trade deadline.
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:39 am Sixteen wins to go!!!
Do you really WANT the blues to make the PO's tho? Let's be honest, we're not gonna win the cup, so the only thing PO's will do is get Army over-confident the team we have is closer to a cup than we actually are and lessen any draft capital we could obtain.

I love cheering for the blues, and we have a great scouting staff (now)but these "wins" are a short-sighted victory

Ozzies09tc wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 11:18 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2024 9:39 am Sixteen wins to go!!!
Do you really WANT the blues to make the PO's tho? Let's be honest, we're not gonna win the cup, so the only thing PO's will do is get Army over-confident the team we have is closer to a cup than we actually are and lessen any draft capital we could obtain.

I love cheering for the blues, and we have a great scouting staff (now)but these "wins" are a short-sighted victory
Yeah... they missed the playoffs last season and did it really help? Tell me who is going to win the Cup... and put some money on it.