Re: Blues vs. Flames, 8PM, Tues, Jan 23, 2024

JMC-STL wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:40 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:35 pmHoly crap when's the last time a gdt had 3 pages - on the actual game day!?
Once Robb_K chimed in, we were obligated out of respect for our elder. :dancingbanana:
We've had relatives from Manitoba, British Columbia, The Netherlands and Denmark visiting us for the past couple weeks. This is the first game in 6 I've watched with just my sister and brother-in-law, who won't call me rude for insisting on watching a fringe playoff team (at best) play a fairly meaningless game, when we're hanging out with siblings and first cousins, most of whom we get to see in person, only a few weeks or months each year (and all of whom may not have our minds fully intact, or even be on This Earth in a few months or years). My Brother, who lived in Sweden, who would also have been here now , passed away, unexpectedly, only a little over a month ago. So, it's surprising even to me, that I even sneaked periodic peaks at all of the last 8-9 games (on my laptop (with the sound off) before tonight's game, during these evening family get-togethers.

About half of us were raised partly or mostly in Winnipeg. So we were fans of The Blues when they had our neighbour, Ab McDonald. But the rest were raised in The Netherlands, (where we were also partly raised), and those full-blooded Nederlanders don't care that much about North American ice hockey. The only other Winnipegger who is still a big, lifetime Blues fan is my same-aged first cousin, who shared a bedroom with me while we were kids. Most of the others are mainly Jets fans.

That's why my posts may have appeared to be weirdly sporadic and clustered this past month or so. But, the way The Blues have fallen off during the last 2 seasons, I can understand why a lot of fans are giving up on watching their games (or cutting down on them drastically. At least I got to see Them win The Cup once, and I hope to see them win a few more before I punch the most important time clock and check out. :mrgreen:
Last edited by Robb_K on Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Blues vs. Flames, 8PM, Tues, Jan 23, 2024

RAFritchey wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:06 pm Matthew Tkachuk isn't on his usual 100-point pace, but still doing pretty good. (45 points in 46 games)

Mackenzie Weegar has 11 goals and 28 points as of tonight (so far). That puts him at 3rd for goals and 19th in points among all defensemen.

Jonathan Huberdeau has 6 goals and 25 points. I'm not going to bother looking those positions up.

I never would have guessed that Weegar would be the best part of that trade for Calgary.
That's called selling high (Huberdeau had something like 117 points the year before). They dumped him off for a superstar just before he fell off his cliff. A GM's dream. I wish The Blues had been able to get Tkachuck. That might have helped them get his brother, too, a couple years later. Then, The Blues' future would have been quite different.