Re: GDT: Blues vs Florida - 1/9 7:00

PP is as usual inept. If they scored on Saads double minor the game would have turned out differently. As is ,no team in the league shivers in their knickers over the Blues man advantage. Other teams appear to be taking unrequited libertys on our forwards, 3 high sticks alone last night. I don't know how to fix it but everyone knows the definition of stupidity, rolling out the stale no.1 line over and over and over to eat a minute and half of a PP with the same result isn't cutting it. Fresh blood is needed Hayes,Neighbors,and the midget Aussie should send a signal to the team that the status quo isn't enough to get you top PP minutes. Just my thoughts.

Robb_K wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:52 pm
BluesSK wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:41 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:24 pm Oh and that "kyrou is not available for tkachuk" (if true) seems like a GREAT move
I sure hope that wasn't the case.
I'm SURE that THAT didn't happen. Armstrong has his faults, but he's still a better-than-average GM. I have no doubt that The Blues just didn't have enough of the assets needed to obtain Tkachuk.
I'm sure that Calgary would rather have Kyrou over Jonathan Huberdeau NOW, but at the time Huberdeau had just come off of a 115 point season and Kyrou had just scored 75. Plus we didn't have anyone like MacKenzie Weegar to add (a defensively-solid 40+ point defenseman), in addition to the prospect and 2025 1st round pick. We'd have had a hard time trying to beat that. Maybe Kyrou, Thomas, a prospect and a 1st round pick? No thanks.

RAFritchey wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:20 pm
BluesSK wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:41 pm

I sure hope that wasn't the case.
I'm SURE that THAT didn't happen. Armstrong has his faults, but he's still a better-than-average GM. I have no doubt that The Blues just didn't have enough of the assets needed to obtain Tkachuk.
I'm sure that Calgary would rather have Kyrou over Jonathan Huberdeau NOW, but at the time Huberdeau had just come off of a 115 point season and Kyrou had just scored 75. Plus we didn't have anyone like MacKenzie Weegar to add (a defensively-solid 40+ point defenseman), in addition to the prospect and 2025 1st round pick. We'd have had a hard time trying to beat that. Maybe Kyrou, Thomas, a prospect and a 1st round pick? No thanks.
Kyrou, Perunovich, a 1st and something or someone else is the last i remember being as a package we "could" do
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:50 pm
Kyrou, Perunovich, a 1st and something or someone else is the last i remember being as a package we "could" do
Yeah, without knowing how Huberdeau's production would fall off a cliff in such a legendary way, Calgary takes Florida's deal over ours every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

RAFritchey wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 5:14 pm
Yeah, without knowing how Huberdeau's production would fall off a cliff in such a legendary way, Calgary takes Florida's deal over ours every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
Kyrou's plummeted as well so they were doomed either way heh
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:08 pm
I think you're underestimating Huberdeau's collapse.

Huberdeau is 30, and went from 115 points to 55, and is on pace for 42 this season.
Kyrou is 25, and went from 75 points to 74 points, and is on pace for 57 this season.

I honestly think Kyrou is more likely to regain a point-per-game level than Hubereau is at this point.

Not that I'm bitter about Huberdeau or anything, or like he was slated to be the top LW on my fantasy keeper team for years to come. No, that's not it at all...

At least I've still got Patrik Laine...

:evil: :evil: :evil:

RAFritchey wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:40 pm
Ozzies09tc wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:08 pm

I think you're underestimating Huberdeau's collapse.

Huberdeau is 30, and went from 115 points to 55, and is on pace for 42 this season.
Kyrou is 25, and went from 75 points to 74 points, and is on pace for 57 this season.

I honestly think Kyrou is more likely to regain a point-per-game level than Hubereau is at this point.

Not that I'm bitter about Huberdeau or anything, or like he was slated to be the top LW on my fantasy keeper team for years to come. No, that's not it at all...

At least I've still got Patrik Laine...

:evil: :evil: :evil:
:lol: :lol: :lol: