Jan 6 Blues vs. 'Canes

Let's goooo.
Projected Lineup: Jan. 6 at Carolina

The St. Louis Blues faced a tough test in their first game of 2024, earning a 2-1 win against the Vancouver Canucks on Thursday night at Enterprise Center. As the team heads on the road, Interim Head Coach Drew Bannister is expected to keep his lineup largely the same Saturday vs. the Carolina Hurricanes (7 p.m. CT, Bally Sports, 101 ESPN). With the exception of one thing...

Forward Jakub Vrana, who was recalled from the Springfield Thunderbirds, will re-enter the lineup and skate on the fourth line in place of Sammy Blais.

"The message to [Vrana] is the message to all the players when I was coming in," Bannister said. "To earn your ice time and there's going to be accountability and work ethic, and it starts in practice."

Vrana posted eight points (four goals, four assists) in seven games with the Thunderbirds. He has six points (two goals, four assists) in 19 games with the Blues this season.

"There's guys that certainly want to continue to get themselves in the lineup, so it's going to be up to him to stay in the lineup," Bannister said.

The rest of the forward lines, along with the defensive pairings, look to remain unchanged based on Friday's practice. Jordan Binnington is expected to get the nod in net.

PROJECTED LINEUP
Forwards

Pavel Buchnevich - Robert Thomas - Jordan Kyrou
Brandon Saad - Brayden Schenn - Jake Neighbours
Alexey Toropchenko - Kevin Hayes - Kasperi Kapanen
Nathan Walker - Oskar Sundqvist - Jakub Vrana

Defense

Nick Leddy - Colton Parayko
Torey Krug - Matthew Kessel
Marco Scandella - Scott Perunovich

Goalie

Jordan Binnington

Re: Jan 6 Blues vs. 'Canes

Right through Binnington's legs. Clearly he wasn't able to track the puck. Maybe one or more of the skaters in front of him screened it perfectly. A shame because the penalty was almost killed off. At least The Blues scored first, and so are tied. I hope they can get this one back, quickly.

The Blues had an okay 1st Period, playing with discipline, holding The Canes to one PP goal. It was nice to see the hustling Walker score. But, they'll need to get their offence clicking better. They had a few good chances. They'll need to get more, while still keeping The Canes' held down.

Raanta robbed Buchnevich, who had 3 chances during that blues' flurry. I thought Perunovich slating big circles around the net and most of both teams players was funny. But, The blus had a good chance right after he stopped and passed it off, unexpectedly. The Canes thought he would make another circle. :D

The Blues have been hustling to keep up all game, but looked very tired near the end of The 2nd and are still tied. I hope they can gather more energy during the break, and have enough left to compete in The 3rd, and end up with a regulation win. Another great game from Binnington has kept them in this one. The last 2 years he's been the poster boy for why just looking a goaltender stats to judge a goalie's play can be a mistake and very misleading.

BlueinNy wrote: It appears to me that Kyrou isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, when he should shoot he passes, when he should pass he shoots. Smh
No worries, he's got a full NTC at 8.5m/yr

He ain't going anywhere
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:16 pm
BlueinNy wrote: It appears to me that Kyrou isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, when he should shoot he passes, when he should pass he shoots. Smh

He ain't going anywhere
That's my worry, neighbors would look good on that line

BlueinNy wrote:
Ozzies09tc wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:16 pm

He ain't going anywhere
That's my worry, neighbors would look good on that line
Toews and kane/crosby and malkin rarely shared lines.

Kyrou as a 2nd liner w neighbours on the 1st wouldn't necessarily be a "bad" thing
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!