GDT: St Louis Blues at Colorado - 8:30 11/1 - TV:TNT

Another long break for the Blues between their last game and this. Fitting timing as Paul Stastny has decided to retire yesterday. LETS PUT ON A GOOD SHOWING FOR THE NATIONAL AUDIENCE!

Some line shuffling for the Blues. Kap has apparently earned his way to the top line. Or maybe others earned their way down. Blais playing where he belongs, 4th line. Scandella now paired with Parayko.

Buchnevich-Thomas-Kapanen
Saad-Schenn-Kyrou
Vrana-Hayes-Neighbours
Toropchenko-Sundqvist-Blais

Scandella-Parayko
Krug-Faulk
Leddy-Tucker

Binnington

Cale Makar questionable for the Avs
Just a Russian propaganda account

Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Colorado - 8:30 11/1 - TV:TNT

Watching The Blues play against a deep team with lots of good young players, 2 of them being superstars and another, very, very good, with our two best players only "good" (with incomplete games, I can see that we're in for a hard year. We haven't had a super player since Pronger left. Tarasenko wasn't a complete player. It would be nice to get a superstar forward and have a #1 franchise defenceman at the same time, and also have a top 5 goaltender at the same time, and also have depth at forward and defence. And winning The Stanley cup another few times would be nice, too. Being strangled by several bad contracts is a pisser. I'm not thrilled with the way Army has been managing contracts and The Blues' Cap.
I'd like to, at least, watch The Blues' young players improve over the next few seasons. But, even Thomas is not improving as much as I thought he would. Also, despite my never having as high expectations for Kyrou as many Blues' fans had, he's improving much more slowly and at a much lower level than I expected. We'll have to hope the next crop of prospects surprises us some, and hope The Blues somehow institute a better calibre of scouting, coaching, and player development at all levels of the organisation. This season won't be as terrible as 2005-06, but it will likely be ugly.