Re: GDT: St Louis Blues @ Winnipeg - 7:45 10/24 - TV:ESPN+/BSMW

This game will be fun for me, as my 2 favourite teams will be playing, and much of my extended family (from Winnipeg), will be watching. Most of them will be pulling for The Jets. But I'm more of a Blues fan because our long-time neighbour played for The Blues before Winnipeg had an NHL team. my 2 sisters are Jets fans because they are several years younger. both teams are retooling, and aren't likely to be better than Wild Card contenders, So, I don't have to worry about who wins. 8-)

Nice to see that Buchnevich will be back in the line-up.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:57 pm Blues have only led in a game once this season. It's not looking good for them making it twice tonight. Unsure why Schenn is where he is on the second one. Left the guy in the slot all by himself to stand next to the goalie.

I believe in their new system the C is supposed to take the net front whenever a D goes behind the net. Having said that, seems as though you could make an exception for the wide open guy 10 feet from the net front in this case.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:08 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:57 pm Blues have only led in a game once this season. It's not looking good for them making it twice tonight. Unsure why Schenn is where he is on the second one. Left the guy in the slot all by himself to stand next to the goalie.

I believe in their new system the C is supposed to take the net front whenever a D goes behind the net. Having said that, seems as though you could make an exception for the wide open guy 10 feet from the net front in this case.
I get what you're saying, but how this play played out, him and Scandella ended up standing on top of each other covering no one with the guy wide open in the slot. New system, growing pains, I guess.
Just a Russian propaganda account