Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Coyotes - 7:00 10/19 - TV:BSMW/ESPN+

JMC-STL wrote: Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:25 am
Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:42 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:50 pm
They technically have one in Ryan Miller. No idea what specific role he plays for Army though.
https://www.nhl.com/blues/news/miller-n ... -319797012

Dude is only 36 but has been dealing with the contracts for 10 years now :O

So this rat-bastard is the culprit of our defensive crutch and I've been hating army for it this whole time....sigh
"... In August (2020), The Athletic named Miller to Hockey's 40 Under 40 List, a group that included prominent names in hockey such as Chicago Blackhawks Head Coach Jeremy Colliton, Toronto Maple Leafs General Manager Kyle Dubas and Head Coach Sheldon Keefe and more. ..."

Colliton ... Fired a year later
Dubas ... Fired 3 years later
Keefe ... Current Maple Leafs head coach, who will be fired after TOR fail to make it out of Round 1 again.

The Athletic sure knows how to pick 'em.
Sure, but hockey is a recycling bin. They started their fire-hire tours early.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:02 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:50 am Where are all of the Hoffer is going to challenge Binnington for the starting slot folks at???
The Blues and Binner were red hot the first 3 games of last year and then the rest of the season happened. Careful doing victory laps this early.

With that said, both of em could have been in goal and the Blues still lose last night.
Binnington is not to blame for last season especially... the whole defense took a giant shit

CaptSMRT wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:41 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:50 am Where are all of the Hoffer is going to challenge Binnington for the starting slot folks at???
The Blues and Binner were red hot the first 3 games of last year and then the rest of the season happened. Careful doing victory laps this early.

With that said, both of em could have been in goal and the Blues still lose last night.
Binnington is not to blame for last season especially... the whole defense took a giant shit
I have agreed with this from the beginning. He was left out to dry far too much. It happened to Hofer in his start this year.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:13 am

I have agreed with this from the beginning. He was left out to dry far too much. It happened to Hofer in his start this year.
I believe my take from last year was that he was definitely hung out to dry, but also wasn't good. I think he was probably fine early in the year but just got worn to hell as the season went on. If this season goes well, I hope they're able to limit his starts a bit so he can be fresh in the late stages of the year.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:46 am

I believe my take from last year was that he was definitely hung out to dry, but also wasn't good. I think he was probably fine early in the year but just got worn to hell as the season went on. If this season goes well, I hope they're able to limit his starts a bit so he can be fresh in the late stages of the year.
Wasn't his fault

CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:01 pm

Wasn't his fault
The defense definitely sucked, but when a goalie has an .894 save percentage I'm of the opinion he gets at least some of the blame.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 9:05 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:01 pm

Wasn't his fault
The defense definitely sucked, but when a goalie has an .894 save percentage I'm of the opinion he gets at least some of the blame.
Unless that goalie won 16 games in the playoffs as a rookie