Re: GDT: St Louis Blues at Dallas - 10/12 7:00 - TV:BSMW/ESPN+ Radio 101.1

I'm happy to see that the defence is a lot better than during the bulk of last season. But, the PP is just as terrible as last year. And Binnington looks fine, other than getting beaten on a screened shot (which was after the offside, and getting beaten unexpectedly by Benn, sneaking up from behind the net. Early to predict anything, but I think The Blues will be better this season than last.

Robb_K wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:35 pm The Blues are playing very well positinally in The Neutral Zone, making it tougher for The Stars to get momentum coming up ice. They're also defending their Blue line very well, making it tough to enter. They actually are responding to coaching, unlike with Van Rijn last season.
This is the most obvious thing I've noticed about the change in D. They've given up chances that Binner has bailed them out on, but they are playing much tougher entering the zone. Not just skating backwards and letting the puck carry enter the zone unchallenged. That was a major gripe of mine, and they even showed signs of still doing it in the preseason, but it's been much better tonight. Parayko has played well.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:19 pm We're better at faceoffs now too!
They were only at 31% after The 1st Period. And they seemed to be losing more than they were winning in The 2nd. It's been that way ever since O'Reilly was traded off. I just hope they can get up to 46 or 47% as a team this season. Thomas needs to improve significantly, which he should do. How has Hayes been?

I see now that The Blues worked their way back to a halfway respectable 17 won, 20 lost by the end of The 2nd.
Last edited by Robb_K on Thu Oct 12, 2023 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.