Re: Blues to Name Captain Tomorrow

Schenn just shouted out Scott Hartnell among previous teammates he learned from along the way. That early 2010s Flyers team was one of my absolute favorite non Blues teams from any era, and Hartnell was a huge part. Hartnell was a bigger personality than Schenn, but you don't have to look too hard to see the overlap in their games.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BluesSK wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:27 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 12:19 pm
BluesSK wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 11:54 am Buch gets no love. 🤔
I guess Parayko will be a do as I say not as I do kind of leader.
Must be.

It seems a bit tone deaf to not give a nod to your best player after the last two seasons.
All those players have at least one A in their name. Buch didn't have a chance. 2 Cs though, so this theory might not be airtight
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

When 55 first showed up and played like an animal, I was sure he was the second coming of 44. Not so much. He is IMHO a serviceable minute eater who with the right tutorial would have been our C. Now I see a d man that you can have for 2 mill on any team in the league. Sucks when your too nice.

BlueinNy wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:53 pm When 55 first showed up and played like an animal, I was sure he was the second coming of 44. Not so much. He is IMHO a serviceable minute eater who with the right tutorial would have been our C. Now I see a d man that you can have for 2 mill on any team in the league. Sucks when your too nice.
Parayko is still a really fast skater... has great reach... and is okay on the transition. He is more of a Jay Boumeister type player... which makes sense. The upside... considering how bad he was last year... anything will be an improvement.