Re: 2023 Free Agent Frenzy

Blues moves:

MacKenzie Mac Mac MacEachern returns to the Blues on a two year deal. He spent all of last year on Carolina's AHL team and has played just 14 NHL games the last two years so a bit odd to not only give him a 1 way deal, but to do it for two years. Army is starting to confuse me a bit.

Also signed G Malcolm Subban to a 1 year two-way contract
Last edited by Dread_Pirate_Westley on Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:24 pm
BluesSK wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:22 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:22 pm Blues moves:

MacKenzie Mac Mac MacEachern returns to the Blues on a two year deal.

Also signed G Malcolm Subban to a 1 year two-way contract
Oh, come on. One way?
Yeah, you replied before I got my full edit it but it's a real head scratcher.
I do not get these signings at all. Subban isn't even needed.

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:57 pm All the Blues signings besides Mac Mac are 2 way. Don't worry about them. Org depth, not part of the opening night lineup. Subban is just there in case Hofer/Binner get hurt.
I’m not worried about the Subban deal. It’s the Mac one that confuses me. Why two years? who are you bidding against?? He doesn’t even have an obvious spot on the roster unless they aren’t planning to bring Torpedo back which might cause me to riot.
Just a Russian propaganda account

I don't like the Subban signing because all it does is push our goaltending prospects further down the depth chart. If there is an injury down the road we could easily make a move for a free agent or trade for a goaltender.

We did the same thing to Binnington and it was just a freak chance that things turned out the way they did with him.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:38 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:34 am ROR numbers are 4 years at 4.5
Good Lord
I don’t think it’s out of line for a contender. But Nashville is tearing their team apart so I don’t understand this at all. ROR is a pros pro, dude isn’t done yet. But playing in Nashville might make it look like he’s done. Dumb signing by Preds and not a good fit for ROR. But in a market where there aren’t any long term deals being dealt right now, I guess he had no choice. Rude awakening for Tarasenko, he might have to take a 1 year deal somewhere.