Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Dallas - 6:30 4/12 - TNT

BluesSK wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:16 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:59 am Dallas is 1 point behind Colorado for 1st in the West and only 2 points up on the Wild for 3rd in the west and losing home ice in the first so they have everything to play for tonight and the next one vs the Blues.
That's good to hear.

I'm almost positive we will win the next two. 😂
Nothing would surprise me with the Blues at this point but Dallas is also red hot. Riding a 4 game win streak outscoring their opponents 17-4
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Saad-Thomas-Kyrou
Blais-Buchnevich-Kapanen
Neighbours-Schenn-Vrana
Toropchenko-McGing-Walker

Leddy-Parayko
Krug-Faulk
Tucker-Rosen
It'll be interesting to see what Army does with this team. Some good pieces here to flip this team into something. Be cool to see Schenn captain this team to it's next Cup. Would love to see him do it.

BillP. wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:36 pm
Blais-Buchnevich-Kapanen
Neighbours-Schenn-Vrana

Leddy-Parayko
Krug-Faulk
Tucker-Rosen
It'll be interesting to see what Army does with this team. Some good pieces here to flip this team into something. Be cool to see Schenn captain this team to it's next Cup. Would love to see him do it.
My nominee for captain is Pavel Buchnevich. Just my opinion.

BluesSK wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:34 pm
Blais-Buchnevich-Kapanen
Neighbours-Schenn-Vrana

Leddy-Parayko
Krug-Faulk
Tucker-Rosen
Buch is a badass. I got free tickets a few months ago when the Blues were in town to play the Avs, and the seats were like 17 rows from the ice, much closer than I usually sit. Watching up close, Buch was the one who impressed me the most. Not just offensively, but he was backchecking and just working his ass off all over the ice making smart plays.

big d note wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 9:45 am

Buch is a badass. I got free tickets a few months ago when the Blues were in town to play the Avs, and the seats were like 17 rows from the ice, much closer than I usually sit. Watching up close, Buch was the one who impressed me the most. Not just offensively, but he was backchecking and just working his ass off all over the ice making smart plays.
I love Buch, best player on the roster for me. Having said that I still like Schenn for the C. He's been around longer, is still producing, and is absolutely a heart and soul effort guy. Plus I'm a little worried Buch will get traded if shit really hits the fan next year.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:02 am

I love Buch, best player on the roster for me. Having said that I still like Schenn for the C. He's been around longer, is still producing, and is absolutely a heart and soul effort guy. Plus I'm a little worried Buch will get traded if shit really hits the fan next year.
Schenn is also under contract for another 5 years so he's going nowhere anytime soon.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:06 am

Schenn is also under contract for another 5 years so he's going nowhere anytime soon.
Bingo.

Unless the team gets even worse, and he wants to get out. Also, no way The Blues can entice O'Reilly, or even Barbashev to return to this mess. At least, it will be interesting to see what Army and Berube can do to improve the defence.

Robb_K wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:22 am

Unless the team gets even worse, and he wants to get out. Also, no way The Blues can entice O'Reilly, or even Barbashev to return to this mess. At least, it will be interesting to see what Army and Berube can do to improve the defence.
I do.n't want O'Reilly back. He's on the downside of his career but would love to see Barbashev back. He's still in his prime.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:43 pm

I don't want O'Reilly back. He's on the downside of his career but would love to see Barbashev back. He's still in his prime.
They won't really be able to afford a fair contract for O'Reilly, even if he offers mild discounts. That's because they'll need every bit of their small Cap room to sign, at least one decent level veteran defensive defenceman to replace Scandella or Krug (IF they can find a team to take him in trade).

Robb_K wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 12:29 am
I don't want O'Reilly back. He's on the downside of his career but would love to see Barbashev back. He's still in his prime.
They won't really be able to afford a fair contract for O'Reilly, even if he offers mild discounts. That's because they'll need every bit of their small Cap room to sign, at least one decent level veteran defensive defenceman to replace Scandella or Krug (IF they can find a team to take him in trade).
I really think Armstrong will find a taker for Krug. He's got a skillset team's need who want to take that next step. We are not at that level anymore.

He will probably have to take a contract back but I think it's do-able.

BluesSK wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:35 am

I really think Armstrong will find a taker for Krug. He's got a skillset team's need who want to take that next step. We are not at that level anymore.

I just want a revamped blue line in some way shape or form. This group has some decent skill, but it hasn't worked, and its worn the hell out of Binnington.

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 8:57 am
BluesSK wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:35 am

I just want a revamped blue line in some way shape or form. This group has some decent skill, but it hasn't worked, and its worn the hell out of Binnington.
Yes, exactly. We need to get back to basics. This didn't work.