Re: GDT: Blues @ Minnesota - 7:00 4/8

The Blues played significantly worse in The 2nd Period, than they did in The 1st. The Blues' team defence has been piss-poor. Binnington hasn't been stellar. I'll be curious to see how well he plays after Army improves the team's defensive corps, and Berube also improves the team's overall defence. I guess I'll have to live with this year's Blues' season, and hope The Jets bring me a little satisfaction in The playoffs.

RAFritchey wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:16 pm
Robb_K wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:01 pm Neighbours knocks one in!! Blues are back within two. I hope they won't tie it up (IF they still are in danger of another team dropping below them). Nice to see him score!
Ottawa won and Detroit lost, so we'll still be at the #11 draft position (via tiebreaker) even if we win.
I'm not worried just about the standings tonight, but, rather at the end of the season. We need to finish no higher than 9th. Can we get down to 9th (or, at least 10th) with the 3 games left?

Not a great game to watch. But, it was nice to see The Blues cut the lead back down to one. Nice to see Neighbours looking better. Lets hope Vrana, Kapanen, and Blais get hot again for the remaining 2 games, despite The Blues losing and "tumbling" down to the 10th worst record (or even 9th - IF that is still possible).

Robb_K wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:27 pm
Robb_K wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:01 pm Neighbours knocks one in!! Blues are back within two. I hope they won't tie it up (IF they still are in danger of another team dropping below them). Nice to see him score!
Ottawa won and Detroit lost, so we'll still be at the #11 draft position (via tiebreaker) even if we win.
I'm not worried just about the standings tonight, but, rather at the end of the season. We need to finish no higher than 9th. Can we get down to 9th (or, at least 10th) with the 3 games left?
After losing tonight, we could still draft 8th, but we'd have to out (under) perform Washington, Vancouver, and Detroit. We're 4 points ahead of Washington and Vancouver, with 2-3 games remaining each, which is unlikely. Detroit is only 1 point behind and have 3 games to play.

Ottawa is now 2 points ahead of us and in the 12th draft spot (and just out of the Bedard sweepstakes) and we each have 2 games to play, Buffalo is 4 points ahead of us, but would have the tie breaker even if we win out in regulation and they lose out, so I think it's impossible that we drop to 13th or lower.

We're drafting at 11th currently (The last 'lottery' position), could likely move up or down by one spot, MAYBE reach 8th or 9th, but that looks highly unlikely. I'm pretty sure we'll end up 10th-12th.

RAFritchey wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:41 pm

After losing tonight, we could still draft 8th, but we'd have to out (under) perform Washington, Vancouver, and Detroit. We're 4 points ahead of Washington and Vancouver, with 2-3 games remaining each, which is unlikely. Detroit is only 1 point behind and have 3 games to play.

Ottawa is now 2 points ahead of us and in the 12th draft spot (and just out of the Bedard sweepstakes) and we each have 2 games to play, Buffalo is 4 points ahead of us, but would have the tie breaker even if we win out in regulation and they lose out, so I think it's impossible that we drop to 13th or lower.

We're drafting at 11th currently (The last 'lottery' position), could likely move up or down by one spot, MAYBE reach 8th or 9th, but that looks highly unlikely. I'm pretty sure we'll end up 10th-12th.
Not what I was hoping for once we knew we couldn't make the playoffs. I was hoping for 8th or 9th.

Army will need to perform some trade magic.

Robb_K wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:51 pm
RAFritchey wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:41 pm

Not what I was hoping for once we knew we couldn't make the playoffs. I was hoping for 8th or 9th.

Army will need to perform some trade magic.
Don’t give up hope yet, Blues are only two points ahead of the Canucks who sit 9th and have a game in hand. It’s still possible. Blues last two games are vs the Stars who
are fighting for the #1 seed in the Central.
Just a Russian propaganda account