Re: GDT: Blues vs Wild - 8:30 3/15 - TNT

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:27 pm I’m so pissed at those linesmen for taking this away from me!! FIRE THEM ON THE SPOT
I left after it was 3-1, so I missed everything, but I saw your clip and I agree, I’m a little pissed at the refs here. Can’t believe these little refs can hold back a player and contain them but they do. But we as fans, and the NHL in general needed this event. Pure highway robbery. Would have been great.

BillP wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:12 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:27 pm I’m so pissed at those linesmen for taking this away from me!! FIRE THEM ON THE SPOT
I left after it was 3-1, so I missed everything, but I saw your clip and I agree, I’m a little pissed at the refs here. Can’t believe these little refs can hold back a player and contain them but they do. But we as fans, and the NHL in general needed this event. Pure highway robbery. Would have been great.
On national TV too! It would’ve been amazing. Getting Binner out of the initial altercation is fine but there is no reason for the linesman to go so far to stop two very willing players from throwing fist.

Even Panger was yelling let em go! Everyone understood the moment except those two asshole linesmen. I want them paraded through the city streets where we all throw tomato’s at them
Just a Russian propaganda account

I am fucking blown away that those linesmen worked so hard to stop that fight. Absolutely blown the fuck away. Why?? I have never seen that happen. Fleury skated 175 feet for it, and the linesmen are… I don’t even know what they were doing, what they were thinking, or why. I hope they never work another fucking game again, I know that. Absolutely ridiculous. Shameful.

T.C. wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:51 amI am fucking blown away that those linesmen worked so hard to stop that fight. Absolutely blown the fuck away. Why?? I have never seen that happen. Fleury skated 175 feet for it, and the linesmen are… I don’t even know what they were doing, what they were thinking, or why. I hope they never work another fucking game again, I know that. Absolutely ridiculous. Shameful.
The timing may support my fan-theory that word was passed down to the on-ice officials about discussions during this week's NHL GM meetings, addressing how to maintain safety among the players during fights after clean hits. From this ESPN article ... "One touchpoint that drew attention before the meetings was how to best police retaliatory fights after clean hits. New York Rangers captain Jacob Trouba is just one example of a player who has delivered proper -- if painful -- strikes on the ice and then been forced into defending himself from the target's teammate in an ensuing scrum.

Although it's often hits against star players that draw the most ire from fans and coverage by the media, the GMs' expanded conversation this week went beyond [that to include] how to protect everyone on the ice, not just top-tier skaters. The other implication with fights and hits in general is how they're interpreted in a broader sense, something GMs and players alike are sensitive to. ..."

Whenever something looks "Absolutely ridiculous" in hockey these days, just tug on the Player Safety thread and it's likely to unravel the mystery.

BillP. wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:49 am Jordan Binnington = Ed Belfour

If Army can get this team good again, we got a nut case that can take us all they way to the Cup again.

Get it done Doug!
We need to stop comparing Binnington to crazy hall of famers. He's much more of a crazy average-ish NHL goalie with wild inconsistency. He's more of a Robin Lehner before he got off the sauce.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!