Re: 2023 NHL Draft Thread

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:40 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:37 pm Bad guys always win. I blame DPW.
I blame the Penguins. We all outlived the Kane era just to now go through the Bedard era. I’m exhausted.

Upgrade the defense.
The good news is there isn't a Toews in the system or a Keith/Sharp/Seabrook on the roster already. They're much closer to the 2006 Blues than the 2008 Hawks.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:01 pm So is this a legit process or was it rigged?
Haha it's legit. The lottery is done like an hour early. The Weekes thing was a TV production screw up. The NHL isn't quite dumb enough to rig a lottery for a team everyone is mad at when Montreal needs a star too. If you think the NHL was into rigging lotteries you'd have a hard time explaining how McDavid ended up in Edmonton.

Dave's a mess wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:32 pm
BillP wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:01 pm So is this a legit process or was it rigged?
Haha it's legit. The lottery is done like an hour early. The Weekes thing was a TV production screw up. The NHL isn't quite dumb enough to rig a lottery for a team everyone is mad at when Montreal needs a star too. If you think the NHL was into rigging lotteries you'd have a hard time explaining how McDavid ended up in Edmonton.
Bettman does anything to help the Hawks. Including brushing organizational wide sex assault cover up under the rug. Bedard is Bettman’s pawn to turn the Blackhawk image around again.

Fuck Bettman, Fuck the Hawks. May neither ever know peace
Just a Russian propaganda account

Thanks, I needed a slap in the face to set me straight. I feel better now. Was starting to lose it :lol:

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 8:42 pm
Bettman does anything to help the Hawks. Including brushing organizational wide sex assault cover up under the rug. Bedard is Bettman’s pawn to turn the Blackhawk image around again.

Fuck Bettman, Fuck the Hawks. May neither ever know peace
I couldn't agree more with your second paragraph. Also fuck Bedard.