Re: GDT: Blues vs Sharks 3/9 7:00

RAFritchey wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:02 pm I don't think the Blues are going to do much better than 7th or much worse than 9th in the upcoming draft, and will have between a 5.0% and 6.5% chance to move up to positions 1 or 2 anyway, so given that, I'm OK with developing a positive, hard-working atmosphere and culture for the remainder of the season. If we move up a little bit, great, but most of the team we have now, with the possible exception of a defenseman (Krug) will be the same team we start next season with, so let the guys stretch their wings a bit and see what they can do and bond a bit.
Despite the win the Blues were mostly outplayed and have just 2 wins in their last 10. They aren’t playing good hockey and are only 5 points ahead of the Yotes in the 5th spot. I’m expecting the Blues to pick in the 5-7 range at this point. They do have a fairly soft schedule though.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
RAFritchey wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:02 pm I don't think the Blues are going to do much better than 7th or much worse than 9th in the upcoming draft, and will have between a 5.0% and 6.5% chance to move up to positions 1 or 2 anyway, so given that, I'm OK with developing a positive, hard-working atmosphere and culture for the remainder of the season. If we move up a little bit, great, but most of the team we have now, with the possible exception of a defenseman (Krug) will be the same team we start next season with, so let the guys stretch their wings a bit and see what they can do and bond a bit.
Despite the win the Blues were mostly outplayed and have just 2 wins in their last 10. They aren’t playing good hockey and are only 5 points ahead of the Yotes in the 5th spot. I’m expecting the Blues to pick in the 5-7 range at this point. They do have a fairly soft schedule though.
Picking 5th would be good. That's attainable and should be the goal. All the teams in front of them are playing better hockey than the Blues are. But at the same time, with a full lineup, this team isn't all that bad, so a plummet, we might not get.

BillP. wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:12 am
Picking 5th would be good. That's attainable and should be the goal. All the teams in front of them are playing better hockey than the Blues are. But at the same time, with a full lineup, this team isn't all that bad, so a plummet, we might not get.
The other issue the Blues have is they won't be playing Greiss much since they probably don't want him to hit his bonus. Binner keeps the Blues competitive most nights and better than the teams like the Sharks.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:26 am

The other issue the Blues have is they won't be playing Greiss much since they probably don't want him to hit his bonus. Binner keeps the Blues competitive most nights and better than the teams like the Sharks.
I don't know. Binnington had been playing out of his head and the only team we can beat is the Sharks.

BluesSK wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:35 am

I don't know. Binnington had been playing out of his head and the only team we can beat is the Sharks.
haha Well I didnt say we were good but he will probably steal a few points here and there. I'm wondering why they aren't giving Hofer a look since they probably need to see what he's got for next year?

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:39 am
BluesSK wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:35 am

haha Well I didnt say we were good but he will probably steal a few points here and there. I'm wondering why they aren't giving Hofer a look since they probably need to see what he's got for next year?
They've got a good run going at Springfield and he's doing well so I think they are probably happy letting things play out down there. He will definitely be the backup here next season.