Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Vancouver - 7:00 2/23

BluesSK wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 12:45 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:29 pm Yiiiiikes....
This was a really interesting comment. Coaches don't usually be that blunt with the media about their players.

I wonder if there is something specific that happened for some players and the coach to be that upset.

I heard the clips on the radio broadcast. Toropchenko was pissed.
That is messed up. Players are for sale right now, season has been trashed. Not sure what triggered him to say that cause the timing is odd.

BillP wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:58 am
This was a really interesting comment. Coaches don't usually be that blunt with the media about their players.

I wonder if there is something specific that happened for some players and the coach to be that upset.

That is messed up. Players are for sale right now, season has been trashed. Not sure what triggered him to say that cause the timing is odd.
I guess he had a few things to get off his chest.

Yeah, it is odd. Usually that stuff stays in the room but I guess someone had to say it. There are players making piles of money who don't really give a shit.

CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:13 am Did anyone really want to win this game? The season is over... it sucks... but that is reality. I am not upset.... glad Barney(Kyrou) is playing like shit... we want a top five pick and this is the path to it.
The Blues can lose on their own from a lack of talent while also having a bit of pride and effort in themselves.

It’s a bit alarming when you trade from your leadership and hope these two will step up and instead they don’t seem to care.
Just a Russian propaganda account

BillP wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:58 am

I assumed what triggered it was having to watch the entire game. They got outshot 41-22 by a team even lower in the standings than they are. Losing 3-2 in OT is fine, it happens. Getting dominated by every measure but the scoreboard is concerning. They've had a period to be pouty and poopy-pants about the good players getting traded, but if it goes on much longer you're looking at a culture problem. Losing is fine, not giving a crap isn't.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:54 am
CaptSMRT wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:13 am Did anyone really want to win this game? The season is over... it sucks... but that is reality. I am not upset.... glad Barney(Kyrou) is playing like shit... we want a top five pick and this is the path to it.
The Blues can lose on their own from a lack of talent while also having a bit of pride and effort in themselves.

It’s a bit alarming when you trade from your leadership and hope these two will step up and instead they don’t seem to care.
I would rather smoke those rats out now. Trade Kyrou... he is talented... but you can tell he has a bad attitude.

There's no excuse for lack of effort, but it's not surprising. The team is recovering from a soul amputation. I'm fairly certain that Thomas and Kryou follow this website, and with that I have a message for both of them: Don't listen to Chief and Torp!!!!!! Just keep doing what you're doing, and with a little luck the team will crack the bottom 10. (Anaheim's first for Kryou, three '23 first round picks, plus conditional' 24 first round pick and a prospect if Anaheim wins the lottery. ..... and just to prove I am a true Blue's fan, I say throw in D'ags, Coliacolovaciolaco and Pajavaarivajavi as well.)