Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Vancouver - 7:00 2/23

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:28 am The Blues currently sit with the 8th pick in the draft(55pts) and the Canucks in the 6th spot(49pts). Take from that what you will.
With their current lineup, The Blues should be able to pass Vancouver going downward into the 6th draft spot. Then, they will have even a chance for the 3rd choice in the lottery. THAT would be a really nice thing to happen. :D, along with having 2 other 1st Rounders ( and with some luck and several teams bidding for Barbashev, perhaps even another 1st Rounder. With ALL 4 of those, they might be able to acquire the #! choice in this draft.

Robb_K wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:02 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:28 am The Blues currently sit with the 8th pick in the draft(55pts) and the Canucks in the 6th spot(49pts). Take from that what you will.
With their current lineup, The Blues should be able to pass Vancouver going downward into the 6th draft spot. Then, they will have even a chance for the 3rd choice in the lottery. THAT would be a really nice thing to happen. :D, along with having 2 other 1st Rounders ( and with some luck and several teams bidding for Barbashev, perhaps even another 1st Rounder. With ALL 4 of those, they might be able to acquire the #! choice in this draft.
From your lips to the hockey God's ears. A top three pick this year would transform this organization quickly. Bedard is obviously the prize but Fantilli and Carlsson would both be #1 overall in most draft years. Michkov possibly too but he's got that Russian contract concern
Just a Russian propaganda account

BluesSK wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 6:09 pm
big d note wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:54 pm Tankathon! I like this odds calculator:
https://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds
I believe the Blues are in the position where the Flyers are currently. 8th.
Right now (before tonight's game), Philly is in 8th with a point % of .475, and the Blues in 9th with a point % of .482. If we lose tonight, we'll 'pass' Philly just barely with a point % of .474

RAFritchey wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:45 pm
big d note wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:54 pm Tankathon! I like this odds calculator:
https://www.tankathon.com/nhl/pick_odds
Right now (before tonight's game), Philly is in 8th with a point % of .475, and the Blues in 9th with a point % of .482. If we lose tonight, we'll 'pass' Philly just barely with a point % of .474
Oh. Even the NHL has it wrong then. 😄

BluesSK wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:57 pm
RAFritchey wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:45 pm

Oh. Even the NHL has it wrong then. 😄
I've noticed if you sort the NHL standings page by point %, it puts them in the right order, but the rank number on the far left doesn't change, and still reflects the total point order. Kind of confusing, you have to actually count from the bottom or top.