Re: Blues trade ROR and Accari to the Leafs

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:21 pm Good night, sweet prince. I don't care that he was only here for 4 years, start engraving his statue in the morning.
I really, really am not the type to let the fan in me be overly optimistic but my gut tells me he's back in the off-season. Too much smoke to it already in the media. Then again, Ontario is home. Truly the hardest working Blue every day he put on the sweater.

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:27 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:21 pm Good night, sweet prince. I don't care that he was only here for 4 years, start engraving his statue in the morning.
I really, really am not the type to let the fan in me be overly optimistic but my gut tells me he's back in the off-season. Too much smoke to it already in the media. Then again, Ontario is home. Truly the hardest working Blue every day he put on the sweater.
I'd love that, too, but I doubt the Blues will have the cap space to come even close to what ROR could get on the open market, sadly, especially if he plays a big part in Toronto's post-season. We can still dream, though!

Ok this is the full deal.

What a haul for us. The Leafs had to do something with Matthews out but boy if they fall on their face in the playoffs there will be big changes in Leafland. They are all in.

I'm honestly happy to move on from O'Reilly but won't forget his massive contributions to the team. I don't think he's gonna ever he as effective as he was and don't want to overpay to see it on the Blues.

We really got the most out of Acciari too to put this trade over the top.

RAFritchey wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:32 pm
I'd love that, too, but I doubt the Blues will have the cap space to come even close to what ROR could get on the open market, sadly, especially if he plays a big part in Toronto's post-season. We can still dream, though!
Depending on what the cap is next year, the Blues will have about 13-15 million in space. Some of that will be used to resign their 4 RFA's, Tucker, Toro, Brown, and Perunovich but none of those are in for big paydays. They'll have some room to do something this offseason, but do they want to spend their cap space of ROR or are we in more of a youth movement now?
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 7:33 am
RAFritchey wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:32 pm
Depending on what the cap is next year, the Blues will have about 13-15 million in space. Some of that will be used to resign their 4 RFA's, Tucker, Toro, Brown, and Perunovich but none of those are in for big paydays. They'll have some room to do something this offseason, but do they want to spend their cap space of ROR or are we in more of a youth movement now?
Thomas and Schenn are your top two centers now... they will need to sign a good third line ceneter... and a top flight winger