Re: Blues trade ROR and Accari to the Leafs

CaptSMRT wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:29 am O'Reilly hasn't been with the team all season... he checked out as soon as Perron wasn't resigned
Let’s not start this again but I still say Blues would be about 11 games over .500 now and in WC slot had Perron been retained. But what’s transpiring now is much better than a post-season berth this year. This team needs some top prospects bad. Time to move on and rebuild this team.

BillP wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:08 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:29 am O'Reilly hasn't been with the team all season... he checked out as soon as Perron wasn't resigned
Let’s not start this again but I still say Blues would be about 11 games over .500 now and in WC slot had Perron been retained. But what’s transpiring now is much better than a post-season berth this year. This team needs some top prospects bad. Time to move on and rebuild this team.
Unless there is some reason we don't know, but it seemed like everyone wanted him back except Armstrong. Maybe Armstrong knew this was how things were gonna play out.

BluesSK wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 4:42 pm
Unless there is some reason we don't know, but it seemed like everyone wanted him back except Armstrong. Maybe Armstrong knew this was how things were gonna play out.
He had a great third act with the Blues but he's old and was going to be too expensive. He's got 2 goals in his last 21 games. Thanks for the memories.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:50 pm

He had a great third act with the Blues but he's old and was going to be too expensive. He's got 2 goals in his last 21 games. Thanks for the memories.
I think that's a team issue, not necessarily a degradation of his skills. He's got 35 points and is fourth on the Wings in scoring.

I see Fabbri has missed half the season.

But hey lookie. Jake Walman is a +15 on that weak Detroit team? And he was just a piece of the Nick Leddy trade. Smh.

BluesSK wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:38 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:50 pm

I think that's a team issue, not necessarily a degradation of his skills. He's got 35 points and is fourth on the Wings in scoring.

I see Fabbri has missed half the season.

But hey lookie. Jake Walman is a +15 on that weak Detroit team? And he was just a piece of the Nick Leddy trade. Smh.
Walman is a plus 15!! :shock:

I liked him, but he strikes me as a guy with the skill set of a forward trying to play defense. Be something if he really develops.