Re: Vlad traded to Rangers

T.C. wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:54 am Goddamn that crowd is loud. Good for vladdy. He’ll love it there, as long as they love him. When NY turns on you, you will know it every time you step on the ice. Don’t know how he’d handle that. Maybe he never finds out.
The atmosphere, the city, playing with his good friend, a playoff push. I really think it's going to re-energize him. I'll be rooting for them come playoff time.
Just a Russian propaganda account

BillP wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:31 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:18 pm Kane has a hip issue but he’s still the greatest American born player of all time
I’ll take Roenick’s peak over Kane’s all day, every day.
No fancy sticks, just in your face fuck you hockey.
JR is top 5 of my favorite players of all time….matter of fact I wore #27 when playing in the Hockey North America pay to play league. Amazing player for sure and different era but Kane is the better player.
By the way my top 5
Doug Gilmour
Wendel Clark
Jeremy Roenick
TJ Oshie
Brad Marchand
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:50 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:18 pm Kane has a hip issue but he’s still the greatest American born player of all time
Sure, he sucks now though. If he nets a first rounder its a massive overpay.
He doesn’t suck, he’s just not healthy. He will be lighting it up again next season somewhere else. He’s still got a few good years left. I’d love to see the Blues take a run at him.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:39 am
He doesn’t suck, he’s just not healthy. He will be lighting it up again next season somewhere else. He’s still got a few good years left. I’d love to see the Blues take a run at him.
He's going to be an interesting storyline this summer. I keep reading that he needs full on hip surgery that he should've been shutdown this season for to get. The longer he delays it, the more he goes into next season as damaged good. I feel it's optimistic to assume he'll be 100% next season too. It's also apparently been bothering him for two years now.

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:39 am
I think this is a semantic disagreement. He's got all the skill and hands he always has, but his hip is limiting him so much he's not going to be worth the acquisition cost for whoever trades for him. It's not going to heal itself this season.

Besides the fans hating him, I think it'd be odd for the Blues to go after an aging, one dimensional winger in the summer. Best American player ever? Probably. No worse than 3.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

NHLTIM wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 10:37 am
JR is top 5 of my favorite players of all time….matter of fact I wore #27 when playing in the Hockey North America pay to play league. Amazing player for sure and different era but Kane is the better player.
By the way my top 5
Doug Gilmour
Wendel Clark
Jeremy Roenick
TJ Oshie
Brad Marchand
I like the list. A lot of similarities in those 5.

So, virtually every media person beholden to the Blues has talked about how much looser and less stressful it is in the locker room now, but they tread really lightly on why that is.

The Tarasenko trade demand was a two year distraction and I'm surprised the Blues did as well as they did last season. We would be in a much different place if Armstrong had even made the trade before last season's trade deadline.

Who knows how last season would have turned out and then this season we would probably have had a much clearer idea of the direction of this team going forward.

I guess I'm happy they finally moved Vlad but it really didn't have to end like this.

By the way my top 5
Doug Gilmour
Wendel Clark
Jeremy Roenick
TJ Oshie
Brad Marchand
Joey Mullen says hello

netboy65 wrote:
BillP wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:31 pm I’ll take Roenick’s peak over Kane’s all day, every day.
By the way my top 5
Doug Gilmour
Wendel Clark
Jeremy Roenick
TJ Oshie
Brad Marchand
Joey Mullen says hello
Ha ha - good one. Even I forgot about Joey. Love Joe Mullen. What a player. At times, he was like gumby on ice, the way he'd contort his body to make a play. Did the Blues have some special players back then or what?

By the way my top 5
Doug Gilmour
Wendel Clark
Jeremy Roenick
TJ Oshie
Brad Marchand
Prime Oshie was a delight. He did everything and there's not a single situation you wouldn't have wanted him on the ice. Would have loved for him to have found a way to stick around.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 9:20 am

By the way my top 5
Doug Gilmour
Wendel Clark
Jeremy Roenick
TJ Oshie
Brad Marchand
Prime Oshie was a delight. He did everything and there's not a single situation you wouldn't have wanted him on the ice. Would have loved for him to have found a way to stick around.
I think yesterday or maybe the day before was the anniversary of his olympic shootout game.

BluesSK wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:41 am The Blais trade gets better.
Army kicked ass on those trades. Team improved and got the picks to boot. It'll be interesting to see what he does this off season. Team needs 3 or 4 significant moves this off season to elevate itself again, so we'll see if he goes for it.