Re: Vlad traded to Rangers

BillP. wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:41 am
T.C. wrote: i'm bummed because all day yesterday i was thinking Skinner was one of those guys involved in the melees with Calgary the other day, only to find out that's not the case this morning. yikes. what a weird nothingburger. if we don't get that first rounder, this was absolute shit. maybe they retain some salary? i mean at least we got rid of mikkola. if vladdy wasn't going to stay here, which he made clear he wasn't, better to get something than let him walk for nothing, but damn. not army's best deal.
After ripping off the Rangers for Buchnevich, it does feel like the Rangers returned the favor to Army. They got a decent D throw in with Mikkola, and they gave us a shitty prospect in return with a mid-round pick and said, oh by the way, take your shit back (Blais), we don't want it.
Mikkola gone frees up ice time for Tyler Tucker which I am all in favor of. Love that kids game. Need more guys on this blueline that will answer the bell when it tolls

Just a Russian propaganda account

T.C. wrote: i'm bummed because all day yesterday i was thinking Skinner was one of those guys involved in the melees with Calgary the other day, only to find out that's not the case this morning. yikes. what a weird nothingburger. if we don't get that first rounder, this was absolute shit. maybe they retain some salary? i mean at least we got rid of mikkola. if vladdy wasn't going to stay here, which he made clear he wasn't, better to get something than let him walk for nothing, but damn. not army's best deal.
After ripping off the Rangers for Buchnevich, it does feel like the Rangers returned the favor to Army. They got a decent D throw in with Mikkola, and they gave us a shitty prospect in return with a mid-round pick and said, oh by the way, take your shit back (Blais), we don't want it.
And we pay Tarasenko.

BluesSK wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:03 am
And we pay Tarasenko.
So how does that work? Is Stillman still cutting a check for 50% of his salary or is the retain 50% strictly the cap hit? Because if it's that, who cares, Blues don't need their cap space the rest of the year anyway.

Don't understand why anyone would be upset with this deal. We get another 1st round pick in a very deep 2023 draft. Vladi wasn't resigning here, he's coming off an injury not to mention, that shoulder issue could flare up on any shift, not to mention he was a malcontent for like 2 years after the cup win, I give zero fucks that he's moving on, and i'm glad this saga is finally over...it's time for a rebuild and it's also time to get Tyler Tucker more ice time, the kid deserves it.
@RETARDFORBEDARD

LETS FUCKING GO!!!
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:42 am Don't understand why anyone would be upset with this deal. We get another 1st round pick in a very deep 2023 draft. Vladi wasn't resigning here, he's coming off an injury not to mention, that shoulder issue could flare up on any shift, not to mention he was a malcontent for like 2 years after the cup win, I give zero fucks that he's moving on, and i'm glad this saga is finally over...it's time for a rebuild and it's also time to get Tyler Tucker more ice time, the kid deserves it.
@RETARDFORBEDARD

LETS FUCKING GO!!!
I agree with a lot of what you're saying but malcontent? He was arguably the teams best player last year and set a career high in points.

NHLTIM wrote: Don't understand why anyone would be upset with this deal. We get another 1st round pick in a very deep 2023 draft. Vladi wasn't resigning here, he's coming off an injury not to mention, that shoulder issue could flare up on any shift, not to mention he was a malcontent for like 2 years after the cup win, I give zero fucks that he's moving on, and i'm glad this saga is finally over...it's time for a rebuild and it's also time to get Tyler Tucker more ice time, the kid deserves it.
@RETARDFORBEDARD

LETS FUCKING GO!!!
I'm okay with the deal, would of liked an actual prospect with NHL possibilities added to deal, but it is what it is. I wanted at least a 1st rounder and that's what we got, so I'm fine with it. From the Rangers perspective, it's a great deal for them. I think his shoulder and health is fine now. The Rangers are in win now mode so they can lock up Tarasenko for the next 3 or 4 years and get a good return IMO. He had a heck of a year last year and paired up with Panarin now should energize him even more. It's a good deal for both teams, and as Army would say, that's how it's supposed to work.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:48 am
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:42 am Don't understand why anyone would be upset with this deal. We get another 1st round pick in a very deep 2023 draft. Vladi wasn't resigning here, he's coming off an injury not to mention, that shoulder issue could flare up on any shift, not to mention he was a malcontent for like 2 years after the cup win, I give zero fucks that he's moving on, and i'm glad this saga is finally over...it's time for a rebuild and it's also time to get Tyler Tucker more ice time, the kid deserves it.
@RETARDFORBEDARD

LETS FUCKING GO!!!
I agree with a lot of what you're saying but malcontent? He was arguably the teams best player last year and set a career high in points.
Because Army told him if he wanted out he had to prove himself because nobody was interested and he couldn’t trade him. He was a malcontent because he was placing blame on the Blues for his shoulder issues and requesting a trade
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:18 pm
@RETARDFORBEDARD

LETS FUCKING GO!!!
Because Army told him if he wanted out he had to prove himself because nobody was interested and he couldn’t trade him. He was a malcontent because he was placing blame on the Blues for his shoulder issues and requesting a trade
Well he wasn't wrong for that part. They screwed up the surgery and nearly ended his career. The fact that he's still playing and at the level he did return to is a testament to his hardwork and commitment.

It's going to be magical when the Blues win the lottery draft night. Absolute bedlam, we deserve it.

Dave's a mess wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:51 am Cry harder

Loser. Hawks are going to get shockingly little for him. He has a massive cap hit, a full NTC and most importantly, can't fucking skate anymore. Whoever gets him torpedoes their own playoff run.
Really? Haven't paid attention, don't even know what his stats are.............so he's lost it now? Didn't think it made much sense to trade for him the past couple years, his best years are behind him. But he was still good a couple years ago and I think his stats were pretty good last year................so he's on E now?

@RETARDFORBEDARD

LETS FUCKING GO!!!
I tend to agree. Tarasenko did have a good year, but he was playing for his bank account, not necessarily another Blues Stanley Cup.

barnburner wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:38 pm

I tend to agree. Tarasenko did have a good year, but he was playing for his bank account, not necessarily another Blues Stanley Cup.
We have no way to know what motivated him. Its just assumptions that his motivation was money in a non-contract year. If that’s what motivates him than what happened this year? I just think it’s unfair to question this guys compete level and pride when he’s been one of the best this organization has ever had. He never had issues being a Blue until his issues with the medical staff.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:43 pm
barnburner wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:38 pm

We have no way to know what motivated him. Its just assumptions that his motivation was money in a non-contract year. If that’s what motivates him than what happened this year? I just think it’s unfair to question this guys compete level and pride when he’s been one of the best this organization has ever had. He never had issues being a Blue until his issues with the medical staff.

Vladimir Tarasenko on trade and joining the Rangers
“There was no chance I was staying in St. Louis. No deal was offered, so I knew I was going to be moved. I talked with Artemi and they want me here. I want to be here, too… it’s a chance to win a Cup again.”

BillP wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:31 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:18 pm Kane has a hip issue but he’s still the greatest American born player of all time
I’ll take Roenick’s peak over Kane’s all day, every day.
No fancy sticks, just in your face fuck you hockey.
Mike Modano was the one that came to my mind.

20 cent may be the best american born scorer but i wouldnt say best american born player
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!

Ozzies09tc wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:38 pm
BillP wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:31 pm
NHLTIM wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:18 pm Kane has a hip issue but he’s still the greatest American born player of all time
I’ll take Roenick’s peak over Kane’s all day, every day.
No fancy sticks, just in your face fuck you hockey.
Mike Modano was the one that came to my mind.

20 cent may be the best american born scorer but i wouldnt say best american born player
The only guy I’d argue over Kane is Chelios. Career, play, longevity.