Re: Vlad traded to Rangers

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:15 pm Damn man... this one stings. I don't care what people say... Tarasenko is an all time Blues player... It will be tough to see him on another team.
In my eyes he was the franchise centerpiece who was the centerpiece when we won our first cup. He really is a top guy in team history, some people harbor a weird pre-90sish grudge against Russians around here but it's true.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:15 pm Damn man... this one stings. I don't care what people say... Tarasenko is an all time Blues player... It will be tough to see him on another team.
Agreed. Truly end of an era. At least for me I’m happy he’s going to a team I’ll have no problem rooting for in the playoffs
Just a Russian propaganda account

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:17 pm
In my eyes he was the franchise centerpiece who was the centerpiece when we won our first cup. He really is a top guy in team history, some people harbor a weird pre-90sish grudge against Russians around here but it's true.
I truly hope the end of his tenure here doesn’t tarnish his standing in the organization. 91 is an easy number to retire

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:43 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:39 pm Respectfully, Hunter Skinner is a nothing prospect. Disappointing return for Army. Curious what the conditions are on that 1st rounder.
Blues get the later of NYR's two firsts this year, NYR or DAL. It is pretty disappointing really.
Yeah, I am disappointed they didn't also get a prospect back. But I'll be pleased if Army comes out of this deadline with 3 first rounds. We're at 2 right now. Last time we had three we drafted Berglund, Cole, Perron.

At least Blais will hit someone but unsure why they brought him back as a rental?

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:45 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:39 pm Respectfully, Hunter Skinner is a nothing prospect. Disappointing return for Army. Curious what the conditions are on that 1st rounder.
Blues get the later of NYR's two firsts this year, NYR or DAL. It is pretty disappointing really.
Yeah, I am disappointed they didn't also get a prospect back. But I'll be pleased if Army comes out of this deadline with 3 first rounds. We're at 2 right now. Last time we had three we drafted Berglund, Cole, Perron.

At least Blais will hit someone but unsure why they brought him back as a rental?
I think it was Eller that year but your point stands.

Pretty sure Blais is back to make the money work and help us tank.

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:49 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:45 pm

I think it was Eller that year but your point stands.

Pretty sure Blais is back to make the money work and help us tank.
Ah, you're right. Bergy was the year before with EJ. Eller, Cole, Perron. All still in the league and all Stanley Cup winners funny enough. It'll be a quick way for Army and Co to change this team and it's future.

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:56 pm I feel part of my disappointment isn't in the return, potentially getting a long term asset for another two months of Vlad, but more that it feels this is normally the return a team gets on deadline day for a bottom pairing physical d-man.
I'm trying to give Army the benefit of the doubt and telling myself, maybe Tarasenko only approved a trade to the Rangers and Army was limited in his negotiating power. Otherwise, Bo Horvat brought in a much better package.

It is hard to believe Tarasenko didn't pull in more of a package. How many guys in this league can you get with his skill set? Injury concerns are out the door, dude looks strong these days..................you do get the feeling Army did Tank a solid by sending him to NY with Panarin. It's possible, because I fail to believe NY was the only offer out there.

Let’s be honest, he probably would only agree to go to a very small number of teams (and maybe just the Rangers) as Dread mentioned. In addition, he has 10 friggin’ goals this year and has looked disinterested for much of the season. He is also31 and has an injury history. So you can’t compare the return to Horvat…..27 and on a pace for 50 goals? We got another 1st rounder, and when it’s all over with, will probably add a third one (OReilly) and potentially a fourth one (Barbashev). Vladdy was leaving this summer, so time to move on. If we have three or four 1st rounders, we can speed up any rebuild pretty significantly.

Matangama wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:36 pm Let’s be honest, he probably would only agree to go to a very small number of teams (and maybe just the Rangers) as Dread mentioned. In addition, he has 10 friggin’ goals this year and has looked disinterested for much of the season. He is also31 and has an injury history. So you can’t compare the return to Horvat…..27 and on a pace for 50 goals? We got another 1st rounder, and when it’s all over with, will probably add a third one (OReilly) and potentially a fourth one (Barbashev). Vladdy was leaving this summer, so time to move on. If we have three or four 1st rounders, we can speed up any rebuild pretty significantly.
I'd be taking offers on Krug, as well... OWN THE DRAFT!!!

Matangama wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:36 pm Let’s be honest, he probably would only agree to go to a very small number of teams (and maybe just the Rangers) as Dread mentioned. In addition, he has 10 friggin’ goals this year and has looked disinterested for much of the season. He is also31 and has an injury history. So you can’t compare the return to Horvat…..27 and on a pace for 50 goals? We got another 1st rounder, and when it’s all over with, will probably add a third one (OReilly) and potentially a fourth one (Barbashev). Vladdy was leaving this summer, so time to move on. If we have three or four 1st rounders, we can speed up any rebuild pretty significantly.
Barbashev won't bring a 1st Round choice. We'd be lucky to get a 2nd for him.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:02 pm
Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 1:56 pm I feel part of my disappointment isn't in the return, potentially getting a long term asset for another two months of Vlad, but more that it feels this is normally the return a team gets on deadline day for a bottom pairing physical d-man.
I'm trying to give Army the benefit of the doubt and telling myself, maybe Tarasenko only approved a trade to the Rangers and Army was limited in his negotiating power. Otherwise, Bo Horvat brought in a much better package.
Horvat is much more valuable of a player though. He's younger, plays center, and is having a monster year. I think the return is fine. It's not a home run, but it's fine. The first rounder will likely be low to mid 20s. The other pick will almost certainly be a third not a fourth. The Blais inclusion is a super funny way to round out both this deal and the Buchnevich deal.

I'm confident Vladi will get a well deserved warm welcome when the Rangers come to town April 6. Things got a little dicey a couple years ago, but he handled things like a pro. This year sucked for everyone in a Blue note, but I'll remember his run here fondly.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!