Re: GDT: Blues at Jets 7:00 1/30 - NHL Network

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 9:53 pm Another 5 game losing streak. If nothing else, this probably gives Army a clearer path for the deadline. The boys are 8 points behind Colorado for the last playoff spot and the avs now have 3 games in hand.
Honestly in hindsight, this team has played better than they really are for some stretches this season but the wheels have fallen off now.

This team has given up 4 plus goals in a period over twenty times this season (23?). Five plus goal games given up over twenty times as well.

Lots of work to be done. We're gonna end up cutting ties with some players who I wish we weren't but that's business.

There's been a movement towards the pulling the goalie earlier thing going back to Roy in Colorado, and some studies have backed it up, even though I think everyone here knows the game enough to understand that player behavior changes when the net's empty. But whatever.

https://bigthink.com/the-present/hockey/

The problem from my eyes isn't when the pull comes, it's that they do not possess the puck when they do it. Doesn't matter if they win or lose the face off in the offensive zone, they're not shooting and its leading to giveaways.

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: There's been a movement towards the pulling the goalie earlier thing going back to Roy in Colorado, and some studies have backed it up, even though I think everyone here knows the game enough to understand that player behavior changes when the net's empty. But whatever.

https://bigthink.com/the-present/hockey/

The problem from my eyes isn't when the pull comes, it's that they do not possess the puck when they do it. Doesn't matter if they win or lose the face off in the offensive zone, they're not shooting and its leading to giveaways.
I've always said that, I prefer having control of the puck when pulling goalie on the rush. So many times he pulls it with a face off coming up. Hate it................

BillP. wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:26 am
Dave's a mess wrote:

Wonder what their goals allowed % looks like relative to the rest of the league.
Not a good stat :lol:
Lou is saying they're horrible with the goalie pulled, but the scary thing is how often they have to pull the goalie. The Bruins have given up 3 goals with empty net but have probably only pulled goalie 4-5 times. That's why I'm curious about the percentage.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!