Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Nashville - 7:00 1/19 - TV:BSMW/ESPN+

T.C. wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:09 am Welp, time to go buy a Tyler Tucker jersey.

Thanks for the vids, but who is that color guy and what happened to Panger?

Also, what happened on that Nashville goal in the first that was disallowed, I guess? I got the goal notification, then the end of the period notification said 0-0.
Panger still does most games. Rivers fills in when Pang does TNT games. The Nashville goal was a pretty clear goalie interference.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 8:57 am
T.C. wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 7:09 am Welp, time to go buy a Tyler Tucker jersey.

Thanks for the vids, but who is that color guy and what happened to Panger?

Also, what happened on that Nashville goal in the first that was disallowed, I guess? I got the goal notification, then the end of the period notification said 0-0.
Panger still does most games. Rivers fills in when Pang does TNT games. The Nashville goal was a pretty clear goalie interference.
What a tough job being a color commentator must be. You're never home. You're always traveling. You always have to be on, you can never, ever have a bad day. And your only company on the road is a few other media guys who do the exact same thing as you and the women you meet in a hotel bar. Even when the season is over then you do the banquet and golf circuit.

I couldn't imagine doing it.

I was sure I posted what I thought of this game just at its end, last night, but, I guess I got interrupted and then thought
I had hit the submit button. Anyway, it was nice to see those slick goals by Saad and the new Mr. Hands, Toropchenko. The Blues played pretty well, and several of the injured reinforcements are on the way. So, The Blues should start climbing back into the playoff race. I don't have a problem with their "not tanking". I doubt that no matter what they would do, they could have ended up with a low enough draft position to "guarantee" getting a future star player, who is a lock to be 2 levels above whoever they will get. They just have to be good at drafting, and not reach wrongly.

Robb_K wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:13 pm I was sure I posted what I thought of this game just at its end, last night, but, I guess I got interrupted and then thought
I had hit the submit button. Anyway, it was nice to see those slick goals by Saad and the new Mr. Hands, Toropchenko. The Blues played pretty well, and several of the injured reinforcements are on the way. So, The Blues should start climbing back into the playoff race. I don't have a problem with their "not tanking". I doubt that no matter what they would do, they could have ended up with a low enough draft position to "guarantee" getting a future star player, who is a lock to be 2 levels above whoever they will get. They just have to be good at drafting, and not reach wrongly.
I want them to compete every game, but also trade Tarasenko and ROR. No point in tanking per se, but one of those guys obviously won't be here next year, and the other is sadly a high risk signing at his age.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!