Re: GDT: St Louis Blues vs Ottawa - 7:00 1/16

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:55 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:59 am You know, Pitlick has played 29 games this year and I didn't have a single memory of him, good or bad, until he scored on that breakaway the other day.
It's fascinating, really, how little he does. Unfortunately we don't have any other notable young forwards who might be biding their time waiting for a chance.

We do have a Samorukov.
The Blues decline of their 4th line has been a big contributing factor to their team decline. We are a long way away from a Barby, Sunny D, Blais 4th line. Guys that actually played a 4th line role. Now its just guys who were never good enough to be NHLers but also don't play the heavy hitting 4th line role.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:58 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:59 am You know, Pitlick has played 29 games this year and I didn't have a single memory of him, good or bad, until he scored on that breakaway the other day.
It's fascinating, really, how little he does. Unfortunately we don't have any other notable young forwards who might be biding their time waiting for a chance.

We do have a Samorukov.
The Blues decline of their 4th line has been a big contributing factor to their team decline. We are a long way away from a Barby, Sunny D, Blais 4th line. Guys that actually played a 4th line role. Now its just guys who were never good enough to be NHLers but also don't play the heavy hitting 4th line role.
Steen's foot is probably healed up by now and I assume he won't need a $5M cap hit anymore...
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:

We do have a Samorukov.
Ship them off to Edmonton for a song. We don't need them......................

BillP. wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:19 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:

We do have a Samorukov.
Ship them off to Edmonton for a song. We don't need them......................
I'd love to ship Barby to Edmonton. They're desperate and will totally overpay for a rental. He might even get their first rounder if we sweeten it a little. Great idea Bill!

BillP wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:56 am
BluesSK wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:38 pm Jake Neighbours is turning the corner. I'm starting to understand the Brendan Morrow comparisons.
I didn’t know he was compared to Morrow. Was that the line on him when we drafted him? If he gets that good then we got something special but we’ll see. Wishful thinking right now.
Yeah. When they were scouting him that's the comparable they used and who they were reminded of.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:38 pm Jake Neighbours is turning the corner. I'm starting to understand the Brendan Morrow comparisons.
He looked so good last night. Regardless of how the second half of the season turns out, his development is maybe the thing I'm most looking forward to watching. Hopefully we see more nights like this in the future.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 9:25 am
He looked so good last night. Regardless of how the second half of the season turns out, his development is maybe the thing I'm most looking forward to watching. Hopefully we see more nights like this in the future.
Late to the party on the thread but I'm getting real shades of Oshie's debut in 08-09 from him. Says the right things, does the right things, follows the right examples. I'll say this- if Jordan Kyrou had Jake Neighbour's maturity and mindset, especially at his age? He'd be Gaudreau level already. He has the legit heart that young players really don't always seem to have.