Highlights/Lowlights - All time Blues edition

I thought it would be kind of fun to have a thread dedicated to highlights and Bloopers. All dedicated to the St louis Blues. If you find a good video about the Blues on youtube, post it.

[youtube][/youtube]
- I kept watching this when everything looked over that night.

[youtube][/youtube]
- This is one of my favorites..it starts at 1:18 ...Vintage Al MacInnis

[youtube][/youtube]
- THE POLAK DOOR
Last edited by T.C. on Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: embedded, embedded, embedded.

Re: Highlights/Lowlights - All time Blues edition

STLBlueshistory wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:There was another AMAZING comeback around 2000 when the Blues were down FIVE goals to LA in LA in the 3rd period yet came back and WON!
I think you might be thinking of the 1998 playoffs when they were down 3-0 until Geoff Courtnall ran Jamie Storr.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/p ... a4f72.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I could've sworn there was another one a couple years later during the regular season. I remember Craig Conroy talking to the media about it.

STLBlueshistory wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:There was another AMAZING comeback around 2000 when the Blues were down FIVE goals to LA in LA in the 3rd period yet came back and WON!
I think you might be thinking of the 1998 playoffs when they were down 3-0 until Geoff Courtnall ran Jamie Storr.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/hockey/p ... a4f72.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm pretty sure this is what he is talking about.

JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
STLBlueshistory wrote:

I could've sworn there was another one a couple years later during the regular season. I remember Craig Conroy talking to the media about it.
Was that against Toronto? They had a big comeback against them too.

I was lucky enough to be at the 98 Playoff Comeback. It was incredible and it was incredibly ugly for the 16000 Kings fans attending wearing all Black. I still have the souveneir (sp) black towel for "Black out the Blues" Night.

I also got to Phoenix to watch Turgeon tip in Persson's shot in double OT in game seven. Before the game I wandered down next to the glass wearing my Blues Sweater to watch warmups. A Coyote fan yelled "There's a present for you". Geoff Courtnall had seen the sweater and tossed me a puck. I kept it of course as a token of luck- no Coyote fan wanted ANYTHING to do with Courts OR his puck. Between periods as I refilled my belly with as much beer as it could hold, I would offer the few fans in Blues attire a chance to rub my lucky puck.

umslbirdie wrote:I was lucky enough to be at the 98 Playoff Comeback. It was incredible and it was incredibly ugly for the 16000 Kings fans attending wearing all Black. I still have the souveneir (sp) black towel for "Black out the Blues" Night.

I also got to Phoenix to watch Turgeon tip in Persson's shot in double OT in game seven. Before the game I wandered down next to the glass wearing my Blues Sweater to watch warmups. A Coyote fan yelled "There's a present for you". Geoff Courtnall had seen the sweater and tossed me a puck. I kept it of course as a token of luck- no Coyote fan wanted ANYTHING to do with Courts OR his puck. Between periods as I refilled my belly with as much beer as it could hold, I would offer the few fans in Blues attire a chance to rub my lucky puck.
The Turgeon goal was one of my happiest Blues moments of all-time. I was working in a bar and it was DEAD silent during the 3rd period and OT until they scored and the place erupted. I was 17 and doing some shots behind the bar; great times. With all the noise in there I don't think anybody knew Turgeon was the actual goal scorer for 20 minutes or so because we assumed it was Ricard Persson. That was an EPIC Ken Wilson call. "Oh baby, bring on Brett Hull and the Dallas Stars!"

That comeback against Toronto is a memory that will never leave me.

That was one of my favorite Blues teams of all-time with guys like Demitra, Pronger, MacInnis, Hecht, Handzus, Mayers, Finley, Eastwood, Johnson, Khavanov, and Bartecko. Quenneville looks so young. I cannot believe that was 15 years ago.

Man…I really thought that year before was THE year we would finally bring home Lord Stanley.

LrdStnly wrote:Lowlight - Bergevin throws the puck in his own net.

[youtube][/youtube]
I remember that Big time The Blues had a very good team that year and won the President Trophy that year and a lot of the Blues players dye their hair blonde for the playoffs that year and that goal was terrible along with Owen Nolan slapshot goal against Roman Turek from Blue line in 7th game loss against the Sharks.That Blues team I thought was going to a great team in playoffs but knock out in the1st round.Big Lowlight.