Re: Blues 2022-2023 season thread

I think the Sharks and Panthers are the best. Blues are fine, I know the jersey they're talking about that they used as a base. Massive improvement over last year's.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:32 pm
T.C. wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:29 pm sometimes there's a reason prototypes are just prototypes.
So you wont be wearing it to the BNF suite night?
given the fact that the NHL has decided i don't need to watch my team's games for the third year in a row, and the tone of the most recent ad campaign, i can take the hint that they NHL doesn't want me as a fan. so i'm not even sure i have any interest in doing it again. i'm still debating. it's fun once i get there, but it's the principle at this point.

I do like the Blues jersey. I've bought some gold Blues gear for my daughter and she really likes it. It's marketable.

The Florida jersey is well done. The Sharks is ok and the Rangers is quite nice. The rest range from meh to garbage. The Canucks one is a total WTF.

One thing that always bugs me is the Penguins never go back to the steel grey/blue. It's steeltown for God's sake. Always that crap black and gold which was basically done to entice Steelers fans.

After looking at them a few times the Florida jersey should be their permanent one.

BluesSK wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 11:34 am Instead of signing Pitlick why wouldn't they sign Joe Thornton or something.
Not sure Jumbo wants to play in the midwest or be a temporary injury replacement. Just guessing though, he won't return my calls
Just a Russian propaganda account

T.C. wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:17 pm
T.C. wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:29 pm sometimes there's a reason prototypes are just prototypes.
given the fact that the NHL has decided i don't need to watch my team's games for the third year in a row, and the tone of the most recent ad campaign, i can take the hint that they NHL doesn't want me as a fan. so i'm not even sure i have any interest in doing it again. i'm still debating. it's fun once i get there, but it's the principle at this point.
They shut down NHL66 to the point where you need a VPN to watch their product, so count me out too. It's strictly a rich person's game now, and the less I see of it, the less I miss it. I got to experience a Stanley Cup once, so I'm good.

Turk Sanderson wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:12 am

They shut down NHL66 to the point where you need a VPN to watch their product, so count me out too. It's strictly a rich person's game now, and the less I see of it, the less I miss it. I got to experience a Stanley Cup once, so I'm good.
The game of hockey is a beautiful game, sorry you boys aren't able to enjoy it

Download the free chrome extension called VeePN and change your location to the UK.

NHL66 is still usable for 0 money
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

Ozzies09tc wrote:
T.C. wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:17 pm given the fact that the NHL has decided i don't need to watch my team's games for the third year in a row, and the tone of the most recent ad campaign, i can take the hint that they NHL doesn't want me as a fan. so i'm not even sure i have any interest in doing it again. i'm still debating. it's fun once i get there, but it's the principle at this point.
Download the free chrome extension called VeePN and change your location to the UK.

It still works? I tried it twice for 2 earlier Blues games and it didn't work at all. Seemed like the link got shut down, everything was just blank. I'll try it again next game. thx

BillP. wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:54 am
Ozzies09tc wrote:

It still works? I tried it twice for 2 earlier Blues games and it didn't work at all. Seemed like the link got shut down, everything was just blank. I'll try it again next game. thx
You have to download a google chrome extension called VeePN

https://veepn.com/

Then follow the 3 step instructions, change ur location to the UK (you only have to do this once...it saves) and watch games like normal
I hope Snuggerud beats the shit out of Kyrou

Ozzies09tc wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 10:42 pm
BillP. wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:54 am
Ozzies09tc wrote:

You have to download a google chrome extension called VeePN

https://veepn.com/

Then follow the 3 step instructions, change ur location to the UK (you only have to do this once...it saves) and watch games like normal
Thanks!!

T.C. wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:29 pmgiven the fact that the NHL has decided i don't need to watch my team's games for the third year in a row, and the tone of the most recent ad campaign, i can take the hint that they NHL doesn't want me as a fan. so i'm not even sure i have any interest in doing it again. i'm still debating. it's fun once i get there, but it's the principle at this point.
IMO, don't compromise your principles as a hockey fan & former consumer just to give the BNF Boyz an excuse to break the terms of their collective prison releases. Help organize a gathering at a sports bar some place on a game night, let those who care to watch hockey do so, and you can mingle while drinking & munching responsibly. Call it "BNF Bar Night 1.0" and see how it goes.

Army had a press conference today:

If you look at the comments on the tweet, it's remarkable how many fans are dumping on Armstrong. This is largely the same roster that in many of those same fans eyes would've beaten the Avs last year had Binnington not gotten injured.

I don't know what the hell the problem is, they just seem to be getting soundly beaten in all facets lately. I expected a trade at some point this season even before they hit the skids, but now I'm thinking a real foundation rattler could be on the table.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:17 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:21 pm I love the Blues, but this is very funny from a certain point of view:
Tends to happen when you give long term deals to Nick Leddy to be on your top pairing
None of the D have been great, but I don't think Leddy's been the problem. Krug is the long term deal that's the bigger issue at the moment in my eyes.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:29 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 1:21 pm I love the Blues, but this is very funny from a certain point of view:
Tends to happen when you give long term deals to Nick Leddy to be on your top pairing
None of the D have been great, but I don't think Leddy's been the problem. Krug is the long term deal that's the bigger issue at the moment in my eyes.
I am back on my Nick Leddy agenda, deal with it

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:39 am

It all goes back to the Scandella contract. They could have gotten a much better Dman when you add the (insert name) + Scandella contract together.

Just dead space.

We've got one great Dman, 3 decent ones and the rest are just bodies.

That's fine and is your forum given right. My hot(?) take is that Leddy-Parayko have been ok (at the moment) and that every other pairing has been ass.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:34 am

That's fine and is your forum given right. My hot(?) take is that Leddy-Parayko have been ok (at the moment) and that every other pairing has been ass.
The Blues have tried to make Leddy something he is most definitely not. It's a terrible management of "talent". For his career, Leddy's offensive zone starts is 57.4% and 42.6% defensive. This year its 29.5% and 70.5%.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:46 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:34 am

The Blues have tried to make Leddy something he is most definitely not. It's a terrible management of "talent". For his career, Leddy's offensive zone starts is 57.4% and 42.6% defensive. This year its 29.5% and 70.5%.
And yet he leads the team in on ice expected goals percentage for defensemen this year.