Re: Blues 2022-2023 season thread

JMC-STL wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:13 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:57 amSnuggerud's Minnesota made it to the frozen four and they are many people's pick to win it all as the top seed. I'll be watching and rooting for them! They play tomorrow at 3CST vs Boston U on ESPN2
This semifinal matchup will also be streamed on ESPN+. And the game is at 4 PM CDT, since we're in Daylight Savings Time now.
I like to tune in early haha
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:30 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:57 amSnuggerud's Minnesota made it to the frozen four and they are many people's pick to win it all as the top seed. I'll be watching and rooting for them! They play tomorrow at 3CST vs Boston U on ESPN2
This semifinal matchup will also be streamed on ESPN+. And the game is at 4 PM CDT, since we're in Daylight Savings Time now.
Snuggerud held pointless in a 6-2 Gophers semi-final victory over Boston U. TRADE HIS RIGHTS!!!

JMC-STL wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:59 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 7:30 am
Snuggerud held pointless in a 6-2 Gophers semi-final victory over Boston U. TRADE HIS RIGHTS!!!
Yeah but did you see his intangibles!! WOOO

T.C. wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:40 pm Can't wait to see the pronouns of the new beat writer.
New guy is already there, Matt DeFranks. He's good so far. Fairly young but more of a hockey guy than Thomas was.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:44 pm
T.C. wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:40 pm Can't wait to see the pronouns of the new beat writer.
New guy is already there, Matt DeFranks. He's good so far. Fairly young but more of a hockey guy than Thomas was.
JT was a football guy who kind of got forced into covering hockey after the Rams left. I think he did a great job but also happy to have a hockey guy covering hockey.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:51 pm
JT was a football guy who kind of got forced into covering hockey after the Rams left. I think he did a great job but also happy to have a hockey guy covering hockey.
For sure. I appreciate Thomas taking on the assignment the way he did. He knew what he didn't know, and just reported. He definitely made an effort to learn the game and did a solid job over the 5ish years he was on the beat.

Dave's a mess wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:18 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:51 pm

For sure. I appreciate Thomas taking on the assignment the way he did. He knew what he didn't know, and just reported. He definitely made an effort to learn the game and did a solid job over the 5ish years he was on the beat.
Yeah he was fine. I hope the new guy loses the Star's fandom.

Man, it's going to be rough for CBJ fans if Gaudreau's last act in a brutal first season of a new contract was locking up the extra point that costs them Bedard.

BluesSK wrote:
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 9:31 am Man, it's going to be rough for CBJ fans if Gaudreau's last act in a brutal first season of a new contract was locking up the extra point that costs them Bedard.
Wow. 😄

Taking out the red line might be the best thing the NHL ever did.

BluesSK wrote: Penguins waste no time cleaning house.
Man, Ron Hextall getting the short stick again. I didn't follow his moves over there but I'm not sure it's his fault taking over a franchise that's trying to hang on to the past as long as it can.

BillP. wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:31 am
Man, Ron Hextall getting the short stick again. I didn't follow his moves over there but I'm not sure it's his fault taking over a franchise that's trying to hang on to the past as long as it can.
Has Hextall had success anywhere?

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote:
BillP. wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:31 am
Has Hextall had success anywhere?
I think he's credited for playing a big part in the development of the Kings Cup teams. That was supposed to be his strength. Yet he goes to Philly to do a rebuild and Holmgren cans his ass and the Flyers were never ready to compete yet. So he goes to Pitt which probably has unrealistic expectations. So he's had some tough luck in not really landing in a good spot.