Re: Blues 2022-2023 season thread

Blues sit 9th right now but they are less points to 5th(6) than they are to 10th(7). Important game vs SJ tomorrow.

This season has sucked but damn am I excited for the potential of this off-season.
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:16 am

Summary: He's not going anywhere since Edmonton traded for Ekholm.
What a dire article on Parayko's current and future skillset and that contract. Him and Krug taking up 13 million in cap space the next 4 years is borderline fireable in my opinion.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:48 am

What a dire article on Parayko's current and future skillset and that contract. Him and Krug taking up 13 million in cap space the next 4 years is borderline fireable in my opinion.
Hasn't been the same since the back issues started. I wonder if he goes after more aggressive treatment if he's still around after the deadline.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:07 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:48 am

Hasn't been the same since the back issues started. I wonder if he goes after more aggressive treatment if he's still around after the deadline.
I remember that being a concern of people on here when he signed that contract.

CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:01 pm There is going to be a lot of crying when Parayko is still on the team Saturday
Most people expect it at this point. They’ll revisit in the off-season or hope he can turn things around next season. I’ll be rooting for him and for the team to get him a legit defensive partner.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:02 pm
CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:01 pm There is going to be a lot of crying when Parayko is still on the team Saturday
Most people expect it at this point. They’ll revisit in the off-season or hope he can turn things around next season. I’ll be rooting for him and for the team to get him a legit defensive partner.
There are a lot of irrational Blues fans on Twitter and some of these message boards. Most of them were thrilled when he was signed to that contract.

Include myself if you wish.

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:40 pm Best outcome is Parayko's back heals and he's great the rest of the contract. I'm not a doctor, but that seems like a big ask.
Well, I hope you are right. For his sake.

It really gives me pause to think that Armstrong thought it was worth taking the risk on. Was it because we lost Petro that he felt he needed to lock Parayko up for that long?

BluesSK wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:23 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:40 pm Best outcome is Parayko's back heals and he's great the rest of the contract. I'm not a doctor, but that seems like a big ask.

It really gives me pause to think that Armstrong thought it was worth taking the risk on. Was it because we lost Petro that he felt he needed to lock Parayko up for that long?
Good-skating, 6'6" right-shooting defensemen who play 22+ minutes a night are hard to come by, even if you'd like them to provide more.

RAFritchey wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:39 pm

Good-skating, 6'6" right-shooting defensemen who play 22+ minutes a night are hard to come by, even if you'd like them to provide more.
Sure, that's true. But one with a bad back for eight years?

Parayko is a team captain... the only people who want more out of them are guys who think he should be Pronger.

Parayko is a team captain... the only people who want more out of him are guys who think he should be Pronger.

OK, the trolling about it is somewhat amusing, but don’t even tease about starting that “you’re just mad he’s not pronger” shit again. Please. Fucking hell.

T.C. wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:27 am OK, the trolling about it is somewhat amusing, but don’t even tease about starting that “you’re just mad he’s not pronger” shit again. Please. Fucking hell.
Im not trolling anyone and the "I';m mad he ain't Pronger" is real. I'm sorry if the Anti-Parayko Conglomerate can't handle the truth. Its gonna be a long day on Saturday when he is still here.

CaptSMRT wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:40 am
T.C. wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:27 am OK, the trolling about it is somewhat amusing, but don’t even tease about starting that “you’re just mad he’s not pronger” shit again. Please. Fucking hell.
Im not trolling anyone and the "I';m mad he ain't Pronger" is real. I'm sorry if the Anti-Parayko Conglomerate can't handle the truth. Its gonna be a long day on Saturday when he is still here.
The only person that brings up Pronger with relation to Parayko is you, consistently. You’ve created a debate in your head and you’re having it with no one but yourself

Anyway, people are pretty justified to be concerned about Parayko.

I'm disappointed that Parayko isn't the Parayko of his first few seasons. He should be a much wiser player now and with all the tools that he has should be an elite defenesman. Not a star. Just elite quality.

So yeah, he's still gonna be a Blue for the next few seasons at least.

Moving Krug is more important at this stage.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:29 am I'm disappointed that Parayko isn't the Parayko of his first few seasons. He should be a much wiser player now and with all the tools that he has should be an elite defenesman. Not a star. Just elite quality.

So yeah, he's still gonna be a Blue for the next few seasons at least.

Moving Krug is more important at this stage.
Couldn’t agree more. I don’t think any of us think Parayko sucks or is a bum. I don’t even fully blame him for his performance. I think management has put him in position to not succeed. Everyone talks about him playing big minutes but I think that’s his issue. He was his best when he didn’t play big minutes.

I’m perfectly fine with him being a Blue, as long as he’s not the teams top defensemen. The reason I want him moved is because I don’t know how you can keep him and his contract and not have to use him as your #1. A role in which he’s miscast. Great supporting actor but not main character material.

That contract probably has the cap hit of a second pairing defenseman by the end of it. Just saying..

Not to derail, and as fans not that our discussion means anything, but to bring it up- how many players have we had fuck up their careers the last few years thanks to some part of our medical team? Somewhere between the injury and the recovery timetable it seems like there's an issue and I guess I'm wondering if anyone can remind me who all it's been.

Oates2Hullie450 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:47 am That contract probably has the cap hit of a second pairing defenseman by the end of it. Just saying..

Not to derail, and as fans not that our discussion means anything, but to bring it up- how many players have we had fuck up their careers the last few years thanks to some part of our medical team? Somewhere between the injury and the recovery timetable it seems like there's an issue and I guess I'm wondering if anyone can remind me who all it's been.
As far as I can recall Tarasenko was the only one that had an issue related to the team medical staff that made it out to the public. I think Parayko's issue is just that certain back injuries have a real hard time healing correctly/fully (disclaimer about not being a doctor/nurse/medical professional of any kind goes here). He was a unicorn before the back injury flared up, but I haven't seen any finger pointing directly at the medical staff on that one. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened behind closed doors, but nothing semi-public like Tarasenko or wildly public like Eichel with Buffalo's staff.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!