Re: Blues 2022-23 Pre-Season Thread

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 10:54 am
BluesSK wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:53 pm So this was kind of an interesting tweet. It seems to be a snapshot of what they think might be their lineup with the current injuries.

It's interesting to see Alexandrov in over Kostin, unless it was just because Kostin was banged up a bit last night.

Also, Toropchenko seems to be a lot further along than he was supposed to be, which really is bad news for the guys on the bubble.

Walker seems to have won a fourth line spot and may finally stay up with the big club.
D depth issues aside, I really dig that lineup.
Me too. They were talking on the radio the other night, how the Blues think once Neighbours get settled in he would be great with RO'R and Kyrou and then move Saad to the third. That makes a lot of sense to me because Neighbours and Schenn really have similar games.

CaptSMRT wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:38 pm
JMC-STL wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:28 pmAHL "obscurity" pays $52,500 U.S. minimum this season. Better'n being an Amazon front-line worker, AND you might have a personal trading card someday.
Im pretty sure the coach at Lindenwood makes more than that.
Do you mean Coach Zombo, or Coach Looney? And which one deserves that sorta pay?

BillP. wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 2:43 pm Is N. Alexandrov on the Blues radar? Any potential there? I see that he scored today.
Of course..he’s been one of the best players in camp and is a top 5 prospect for us. He’s likely starting the season here on the 4th line until Brown and Toropchenko are healthy.
Good player and looks like he’s finally ready
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

Dave's a mess wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 8:00 am If you guys want to get really mad about Kostin, look who Dallas took a few picks later at the 2017 draft.

Kostin always seemed like an odd Blues pick. They usually go for high hockey sense guys rather than toolsy guys early on, and Kostin is the exact opposite.
I love posts that want me to do homework. I’m guessing you’re talking about Jason Robertson, who score 41 last year and just signed a 4-year, $31MM deal.

Yeah, yikes. Our pick eight rounds earlier clears waivers. Enraging.

BluesSK wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:13 pm
BluesSK wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:58 pm If Kostin does get scooped up in waivers I will be a bit disappointed that we couldn't parlay him into a trade for a defensive prospect. We have been short on D since the get go. It's too bad. We really have been hitting all the spots on our forward prospects.
Well. I kinda called it.
Good call. There were so many red flags on Kostin his draft year…more than enough that he wasn’t really worth the gamble. I for one am glad he’s gone
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

NHLTIM wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 12:27 pm
BluesSK wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 3:58 pm If Kostin does get scooped up in waivers I will be a bit disappointed that we couldn't parlay him into a trade for a defensive prospect. We have been short on D since the get go. It's too bad. We really have been hitting all the spots on our forward prospects.
Well. I kinda called it.
Good call. There were so many red flags on Kostin his draft year…more than enough that he wasn’t really worth the gamble. I for one am glad he’s gone
I liked Kostin but he got passed by players younger than him. Not a good sign.

Not that I have high hopes for the new guy but at least it shores up our depth on D.

Well. I kinda called it.
Thank God it was for another Russian
Just a Russian propaganda account

That's a good looking top 9. Not the depth they had last year with Perron gone but still plenty of talent to get the job done. I also really like that 3rd line. Offensive offside but just not a fun line to play against.

Lines in Charleston:
Saad-O’Reilly-Kyrou
Buchnevich-Thomas-Tarasenko
Neighbours-Schenn-Barbashev (Brown rotated in with this group)
Walker-Acciari-Toropchenko

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:48 am That's a good looking top 9. Not the depth they had last year with Perron gone but still plenty of talent to get the job done. I also really like that 3rd line. Offensive offside but just not a fun line to play against.

Lines in Charleston:
Saad-O’Reilly-Kyrou
Amazing recovery by Toropchenko. He's not supposed to be back until Christmas.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:26 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:48 am That's a good looking top 9. Not the depth they had last year with Perron gone but still plenty of talent to get the job done. I also really like that 3rd line. Offensive offside but just not a fun line to play against.

Lines in Charleston:
Saad-O’Reilly-Kyrou
Practice place holder for Leivo I'm guessing.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:28 am
BluesSK wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:26 am

Lines in Charleston:
Saad-O’Reilly-Kyrou
Practice place holder for Leivo I'm guessing.
Even so, he seems to be well ahead of schedule. Hope he's not rushed back, but very excited to see him up with the big boys for most of the season.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!