Re: Blues 2022-23 Pre-Season Thread

Unless there's a trade or significant injury, this is going to be one of the most boring training camps I can remember. Not only is the roster almost entirely set, but so are the roles. Assuming Neighbours makes the big club, you've got a clear top 9. On D you have a clear top 7 with Bortuzzo or Mikkola being in the press box most nights, and in net you have a clear starter and clear backup.

I guess the questions are if Bolduc can play his way to a 9 game tryout and if Kostin can stick. Otherwise it's just a matter of setting lines that'll change a few games into the season anyway.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Unless there's a trade or significant injury, this is going to be one of the most boring training camps I can remember. Not only is the roster almost entirely set, but so are the roles. Assuming Neighbours makes the big club, you've got a clear top 9. On D you have a clear top 7 with Bortuzzo or Mikkola being in the press box most nights, and in net you have a clear starter and clear backup.

I guess the questions are if Bolduc can play his way to a 9 game tryout and if Kostin can stick. Otherwise it's just a matter of setting lines that'll change a few games into the season anyway.

BillP. wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:35 pm Anyone read the Blues Season Preview on NHL.com? Barbashev referred to as a fantasy sleeper, especially if he maintains his career shooting percentage of 19.2. That was the eye popper. 19.2.............19.2 in 351 Games. Damn
He doesn't shoot much, and when he does it's from high danger areas.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:22 pm What are we thinking going into camp roster wise? ROR, Kyrou, Schenn, Thomas, Tarasenko, Buchy, Saad, Barbashev are locks for the top 9, that leaves 1 spot up for Im guessing Neighbours, Kostin, Logan Brown to compete for? Then a 4th line.

Does Bolduc get the Neighbours treatment and get a 9 game tryout?
Sounds about right to me. Toropchenko has made great strides in his recovery and is part of the mix now too.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:04 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:22 pm What are we thinking going into camp roster wise? ROR, Kyrou, Schenn, Thomas, Tarasenko, Buchy, Saad, Barbashev are locks for the top 9, that leaves 1 spot up for Im guessing Neighbours, Kostin, Logan Brown to compete for? Then a 4th line.

Sounds about right to me. Toropchenko has made great strides in his recovery and is part of the mix now too.
Love where Toropchenko's game was at the end of last year. He'll be a great 4th liner that can move up in a pinch. The question I have within the top 9 is where does Schenn play? Is he going to be 3C or move to the wing on one of the Thomas/ROR lines?

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:28 am
BluesSK wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:04 pm

Love where Toropchenko's game was at the end of last year. He'll be a great 4th liner that can move up in a pinch. The question I have within the top 9 is where does Schenn play? Is he going to be 3C or move to the wing on one of the Thomas/ROR lines?
I’m assuming the centers will be ROR, RT, IB.
Just a Russian propaganda account

I've been pretty excited about Perunovich this summer, but this latest injury has me worried he's just never going to be able to keep himself in the lineup for very long. Hopefully it's just pre-season paranoia. This D Corp will need another puck mover if he's out long.

Dave's a mess wrote: I've been pretty excited about Perunovich this summer, but this latest injury has me worried he's just never going to be able to keep himself in the lineup for very long. Hopefully it's just pre-season paranoia. This D Corp will need another puck mover if he's out long.
It isn't looking to good for him is it? That hit last night was so minor and he worried about it when it was coming, he didn't even handle taking the hit properly.
Sucks cause he looks promising but how many times has he been out with an injury now? 3?

No surprise for Bolduc. There wasn't a role for him, but hopefully he busts his ass to make it a no brainer to keep him with the squad out of camp next year. An interesting development is that Vadim Zherenko seems to have passed Ellis on the goalie depth chart. This will be his first season in North America. It'd be great if he turns into something after being completely out of sight/out of mind since being drafted in the 7th round 3 years ago.