Blues 2022-23 Pre-Season Thread

Most of the pre-season schedule was released this morning ...

Blues release 2022 preseason schedule - Exhibition schedule features eight games and two neutral site contests ...

For anyone who might be inclined to attend either of the neutral site games (I'm considering a drive to Wichita), I'll offer some impressions of the two venues from several visits that I've made to each for minor pro hockey games.

• Sept. 24 at Arizona Coyotes (in Wichita, KS) - 7 p.m. CDT ... Game to be played in Downtown Wichita's INTRUST Bank Arena, home ice of the ECHL Wichita Thunder ... Seats 15,000-plus, but I imagine they will restrict ticket sales to lower bowl only (about 6,000 seats) ... exterior & interior photos of the arena from my previous travels can be found on my public Flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jmc-stl/a ... 5575206873 ... Comfortable enough arena with pretty good sightlines for hockey; might have upgraded their concessions since Mrs. JMC & I were last there, but at the time they were standard fare for minor league sports venues ... Variety of lodging options in the vicinity, my favorite being the Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview ... I believe arena parking is still limited to surface lots on the property (mostly reserved for Thunder season ticket holders but might-could be opened up for this event) & other lots scattered around surrounding blocks plus metered street spots.

• Oct. 1 vs. Dallas Stars (in Independence, MO) - 7 p.m. CDT ... Game to be played in the Cable Dahmer Arena (originally named Independence Events Center, then Silverstein Eye Centers Arena), home ice of the ECHL Kansas City Mavericks ... An "intimate" single level arena that seats 5,800 (elbow to elbow, knees to backs in some cases) ... exterior & interior photos of the arena from my previous travels can be found on my public Flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jmc-stl/a ... 5574734372 ... Hardly a bad seat in the house when it comes to hockey sightlines, though the relatively shallow bowl can present issues if you sit behind someone tall or in line with a safety railing ... The arena management squeezes in a surprisingly large number & variety of concession vendors, considering the limited ground level concourse space ... Several lodging options both up the street & just across I-70 to the north ... I believe on-site arena parking (a very large surface lot relative to building capacity) is still included in entry ticket prices, but that may have changed or differ for NHL exhibitions.

Re: Blues 2022-23 Pre-Season Thread

BillP. wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:58 pm
BluesSK wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:17 pm
BillP. wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:33 pm

Why excited about that? You live in Winnipeg?
No. Going to the game. First game since the pandemic.

About a five hour drive.
Well, you don’t live in St. Louis that’s for sure. It would take longer than 5 hours :lol:
Nope, Saskatchewan. Home of Gordie Howe, Bernie Federko and Gilmore Tuttle.

BluesSK wrote:
BluesSK wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:17 pm No. Going to the game. First game since the pandemic.

About a five hour drive.
Well, you don’t live in St. Louis that’s for sure. It would take longer than 5 hours :lol:
Is Gilmore Tuttle short for a combined Doug Gilmore and Steve Tuttle? ;)
Never heard of Gilmore Tuttle..................
I knew Bernie was from there but I didn't know Gordie was too.

BillP. wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:33 am
BluesSK wrote:

Gilmore Tuttle Gilmore Tuttle

BluesSK wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:17 pm
BillP. wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:33 pmWhy excited about that? You live in Winnipeg?
No. Going to the game. First game since the pandemic.

About a five hour drive.
Folks from Saskatchewan are predisposed to drive REALLY fast. The scenery is monotonous, and it's butt-freezin' cold 12 months of the year.

BluesSK wrote:
BillP. wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:33 am
BluesSK wrote: Nope, Saskatchewan. Home of Gordie Howe, Bernie Federko and Gilmore Tuttle.
SlapShot_298Pyxurz.jpg
I think he played for Foghat too. Sloooooww Riiiiidddeee. Take it easy.........................

BluesSK wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:04 am So we totally missed the Traverse City tournament and it looks like most of the Blues prospects forgot about it too based on their performance there.

Apparently, Landon Sim and Zack Bolduc had a good tournament as did a kid named Andrei Bakanov. (Who is he and what is his status?)

https://www.nhl.com/news/results-traver ... -335540894
Yeah, you guys really have been slacking this off-season. Starting to question the buy in of this group.
Just a Russian propaganda account