Re: NHL Offseason Trades/Signings Thread

CaptSMRT wrote:
BillP. wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:14 am It's like the Hawks want to be like Arizona now. Cups will be a distant memory to those fans in Chicago. The bad hockey will just get worse.................
Three cups in six years was a pretty good run. I wonder what the differential for good vs bad seasons typical fans are willing to endure.
I think they're going to be bad for a looooooonnnnnggggg time. No guarantee they're going to rebuild their team thru the draft. They've wasted a lot of time not sticking to a defined plan the last 4 or 5 years.

CaptSMRT wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 6:38 am
BillP. wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:14 am It's like the Hawks want to be like Arizona now. Cups will be a distant memory to those fans in Chicago. The bad hockey will just get worse.................
Three cups in six years was a pretty good run. I wonder what the differential for good vs bad seasons typical fans are willing to endure.
50 cupless years for 1 cup year seemed worth it. Hoping that ratio shrinks a bit though
Just a Russian propaganda account

BillP. wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:36 am
CaptSMRT wrote:
I think they're going to be bad for a looooooonnnnnggggg time. No guarantee they're going to rebuild their team thru the draft. They've wasted a lot of time not sticking to a defined plan the last 4 or 5 years.
Yeah it's gonna take some time but they really are in full rebuild mode now. Stan Bowman rode on the success of Dale Tallon and his family name until it was impossible to hide it anymore.

Fuck Chicago.

BillP. wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:36 am
CaptSMRT wrote:
The new GM has said they're in a 5 year rebuild. They're transparently trying to bottom out for a loaded 2023 draft. Like you said, no guarantee it works out. They already seem to have screwed up their most recent top 3 pick in Kirby Dach.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:25 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:10 am Manson getting 4x4.5 to stay in Colorado. Should help set Leddy's market.
Not sure I like that deal for Colorado, which is to say I like that deal for the Blues. Supposedly the Blues were still working on Leddy as recently as this morning.
If the Blues get Leddy signed, I would assume Scandella gets moved. That would give Army some cap to work with.

Matangama wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:27 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:25 am
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 10:10 am Manson getting 4x4.5 to stay in Colorado. Should help set Leddy's market.
Not sure I like that deal for Colorado, which is to say I like that deal for the Blues. Supposedly the Blues were still working on Leddy as recently as this morning.
If the Blues get Leddy signed, I would assume Scandella gets moved. That would give Army some cap to work with.
We're gonna add a Dman. Is it gonna be a FA or a trade?