Re: NHL Offseason Trades/Signings Thread

BillP. wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:14 amIt's like the Hawks want to be like Arizona now. Cups will be a distant memory to those fans in Chicago. The bad hockey will just get worse.................
The Blackhawks' ownership have made a deal with the devil: The team gets to keep that sweet primary logo, but they have to suck for the next 20 seasons to earn the white privilege.

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:35 am
BillP. wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:14 am It's like the Hawks want to be like Arizona now. Cups will be a distant memory to those fans in Chicago. The bad hockey will just get worse.................
When the Hawks want to tank though, they really know how to do it. Suck for a couple years, find their next Kane and Toews and they will be right back.
Yeah. They've gotten young again really, really fast. Look at their roster. Hardly any player over thirty.

Toews and Kane are on the last year of their deals. I think Toews' tank is just about empty but I'm sure they would love to move Kane somehow.

BluesSK wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:52 am
BillP. wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 9:14 am It's like the Hawks want to be like Arizona now. Cups will be a distant memory to those fans in Chicago. The bad hockey will just get worse.................
When the Hawks want to tank though, they really know how to do it. Suck for a couple years, find their next Kane and Toews and they will be right back.
Yeah. They've gotten young again really, really fast. Look at their roster. Hardly any player over thirty.

Toews and Kane are on the last year of their deals. I think Toews' tank is just about empty but I'm sure they would love to move Kane somehow.
And I don't get why Kane wouldn't want to move on. Unless the guy really just loves Chicago and wants to spend his whole career there which I won't ever fault a guy for. But hard to think at 33 he wants to spend his last few great years on a bottom feeder team. He'd be great for a team like the Panthers
Just a Russian propaganda account

Turk Sanderson wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 9:09 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 8:57 pm

These guys are just doing anything they can to rid themselves of players that might create a goal or two or make above league minimum. I honestly think if Kane and Toews don't agree to waive their NTC they might lock them in an utility shed near O'Hare.
Was he even there long enough to have stories to tell???
3 and a half seasons. Unfortunately for him, they were the three and a half seasons that they went from "starting to suck" to "pretty sucky". Fortunately for him, he'll miss out on the "let's see how hard we can suck" period.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

BillP. wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:12 pm
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:50 pm This is why you just can’t give up on talented players that don’t figure it out right away(Kostin). What a career turnaround. 8 years is wild though

Talk about getting caught up in the moment. It wasn’t long ago he went a whole year without a goal :lol:
His possession numbers have always been great. He bottomed out in Dallas when he was put on the 4th line for some reason. On the Avs he took off when we was surrounded by talent for the first time in years. The deal may look rough towards the end, but not while their window is open.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

And we will be 3 years right behind them
Now now, the Canadian Government has apologized for Bryan Adams on SEVERAL occasions!