Re: BBB - Biggest Blues Busts

Robb_K wrote:Yes, Felsner was a terrible pick, as was Osborne and Jason Marshall were the most terrible picks.

Felsner was only a third round pick so it's hard to say it was a terrible selection. He did have an outstanding college and minor league career. Back then, the Blues were pumping up mediocre prospects like him and Rivers simply because they had nobody better in the system. It's a miracle the Blues were as good as they were for all those years after having arguably the worst home grown talent in the game.

We have to add Toby Ducolon to the list. Blues drafted him in the 3rd round 50th overall in 1984. You don't even want to know who went 51st overall that year.
Official "Bitch Ass" Fan and proud of it"

"Suck a dick Johansen"

"Official Sponsor of the Legend....Jeremy Roenick"

MissouriMook wrote:
WebSant wrote:For some reason I was expecting GIFs in this thread.
Very good point, however these are not them.
Can anyone find something better? I have no idea how to Photoshop, but my 13 year old has promised to teach me. Does it make me a bad parent if I ask him to help me with this? :oops:
^---- these are the best Blues busts... just waiting to get banned from this joint now...

CaptSMRT wrote:
Russd14 wrote:Tony Hzrkis. (rhymed with circus). I could not even find him on a Google search, so I likely spelled his name way wrong, but I remember him to be a failure. I was thinking he had the popularity of Oshie when drafted. Anyone know if my memory is correct?
Tony Hrkac 16 Seasons in the NHL: Totals Games:758 Goals: 132 Assists: 239 PTS: 371 PIMS: 173

He was Brett Hulls good friend...which means he probably smoked.
This is what I remember from Tony Hrkac.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXEexvGEP0g
Anyone else remember this?

Also - off topic...i cannot seem to get videos to embed. I've read the posts from t.c. about it. Perhaps it's just early but I tried..haha.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the infamous Marty Ruff. Selected 20th overall in the first round of the 1981 draft, he never played in a single NHL game.

In fairness to the Blues, that had to be one of the worst overall entry drafts in terms of talent in modern history. In fact, Marty was the 3rd player in the first round to never have played in an NHL game.

Turk Sanderson wrote:
NHLTIM wrote:We have to add Toby Ducolon to the list. Blues drafted him in the 3rd round 50th overall in 1984. You don't even want to know who went 51st overall that year.
I had to look it up...ouch! Another pretty good player lasted till the sixth round that year.....and Gary Suter at 180 :roll:
We had Millen and Wamsley. Clearly we were set.

rudy4u51 wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:
Russd14 wrote:Tony Hzrkis. (rhymed with circus). I could not even find him on a Google search, so I likely spelled his name way wrong, but I remember him to be a failure. I was thinking he had the popularity of Oshie when drafted. Anyone know if my memory is correct?
Tony Hrkac 16 Seasons in the NHL: Totals Games:758 Goals: 132 Assists: 239 PTS: 371 PIMS: 173

Also - off topic...i cannot seem to get videos to embed. I've read the posts from t.c. about it. Perhaps it's just early but I tried..haha.
Don't use the URL (the link in the address bar); click on "Share" then copy and paste the smaller link; insert here into the YouTube shortcode (found on top right of edit box above the emoticons); and then remove the 's' from the 'https' as the extra security protocol causes issues.

So your video share would look like this (click on 'quote' to see how the link looks): [youtube][/youtube]
"Do Only Good Everyday"

]
rudy4u51 wrote:
CaptSMRT wrote:

Don't use the URL (the link in the address bar); click on "Share" then copy and paste the smaller link; insert here into the YouTube shortcode (found on top right of edit box above the emoticons); and then remove the 's' from the 'https' as the extra security protocol causes issues.

So your video share would look like this (click on 'quote' to see how the link looks): [youtube][/youtube][/quote]

Thank you! I feel like I tried that about 5 times yesterday but I probably did it wrong somehow.

Probably not as bad as Osbourne...
But for me, It still pisses me off to this day that we WASTED a first round OVERALL on that 10cent head called EJ.
He tells tham he wants to go back to COLLEGE instead of playing in the NHL... WTH?!
DUDE, you are the first OVERALL pick in the NHL and your dream is to win a college championship? Seriously? Should have been the clue right there!
And he was never as good as he was hyped to be...
And I am not even going to get into how freaking stupid he was to tear his ACL on a goddam golf cart. Just an idiot.
Not that he was devoid of talent, but certainly not worth a #1 overall if he wasn't coming to the NHL anyway!
If I am not mistaken, he is the ONLY player every drafted #1 OVERALL that didn't play that season in the NHL.
What a dope.

AttackLemmings wrote:Probably not as bad as Osbourne...
But for me, It still pisses me off to this day that we WASTED a first round OVERALL on that 10cent head called EJ.
He tells tham he wants to go back to COLLEGE instead of playing in the NHL... WTH?!
DUDE, you are the first OVERALL pick in the NHL and your dream is to win a college championship? Seriously? Should have been the clue right there!
And he was never as good as he was hyped to be...
And I am not even going to get into how freaking stupid he was to tear his ACL on a goddam golf cart. Just an idiot.
Not that he was devoid of talent, but certainly not worth a #1 overall if he wasn't coming to the NHL anyway!
If I am not mistaken, he is the ONLY player every drafted #1 OVERALL that didn't play that season in the NHL.
What a dope.
It's a conspiracy...I will never forget that season and the fapping over Kessel and or Toews...then that day...wonder which one of those guys it was going to be and they Blues pick...Who...and then some spin about how he had one big game and that made him the clear number one.