BBB - Biggest Blues Busts

I've been pleasantly surprised that we've been able to discuss "worsts" without devolving into a bathtub of digital vomit, so I thought I'd put this out here for fun.

For me it's pretty easy. With the 12th overall pick in the 1987 NHL Entry Draft, The St Louis Blues select... Keith Osborne. What's that? Never heard of him? Yeah, neither has ANYONE ELSE. Even though he has a stellar resume of FIVE NHL GAMES.

But hey, that wound looks pretty bad, here's some salt: With the 15th overall pick, the Quebec Nordiques selected Joe Sakic.

Re: BBB - Biggest Blues Busts

SickMittsRomKnee wrote:I've been pleasantly surprised that we've been able to discuss "worsts" without devolving into a bathtub of digital vomit, so I thought I'd put this out here for fun.

For me it's pretty easy. With the 12th overall pick in the 1987 NHL Entry Draft, The St Louis Blues select... Keith Osborne. What's that? Never heard of him? Yeah, neither has ANYONE ELSE. Even though he has a stellar resume of FIVE NHL GAMES.

But hey, that wound looks pretty bad, here's some salt: With the 15th overall pick, the Quebec Nordiques selected Joe Sakic.
All true, but I have to admit, though, I am a big fan of his Uncle Ozzy.

SickMittsRomKnee wrote:I've been pleasantly surprised that we've been able to discuss "worsts" without devolving into a bathtub of digital vomit, so I thought I'd put this out here for fun.

You've darn near ruined my afternoon. Thank you very little.

Is the player a bust or was the fact the Blues picked him a bust? Prior to the draft he was projected to be a late 2nd round pick. I think it is the 2nd of the two.

In regards to Sakic. The team who selected him already passed him up once in the 1st rd and took a guy who had well known off ice issues with their 1st pick.

Joe Sakic in a Blue note...with a young Brett Hull and aging Bernie Federko. That would have been awesome...We also missed out on John LeClair (number 33), Mathieu Schneider (number 44), and Theo Fleury (number 166). A couple of other interesting things about that draft is that both top picks: Pierre Turgeon (number 1) and Brendan Shanahan (number 2) apparently played for the Blues at some point as well ;-)

MissouriMook wrote:
rudy4u51 wrote:I've been having some fun looking through old drafts here at work due to this thread. The 89 draft we picked Jason Marshall at number 9 and EVERYONE missed Nicklas Lidstrom at Number 53.
I heard that guy was Euro soft.
Haha. Yes he is!

WebSant wrote:For some reason I was expecting GIFs in this thread.
Very good point, however these are not them.
Can anyone find something better? I have no idea how to Photoshop, but my 13 year old has promised to teach me. Does it make me a bad parent if I ask him to help me with this? :oops:

MissouriMook wrote:
rudy4u51 wrote:I've been having some fun looking through old drafts here at work due to this thread. The 89 draft we picked Jason Marshall at number 9 and EVERYONE missed Nicklas Lidstrom at Number 53.
I heard that guy was Euro soft.
Marshall once fractured a guys skull with a punch.