Re: 2022 NHL Draft thread

NHLTIM wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:33 pm Alright...lets get into it. My list of guys i'd like to see the Blues draft. My list is center heavy..no dmen on my list. I like several dmen but not at pick #23.

Jagger Firkus - C/RW- Moose Jaw
One of the most talented players in this draft. Reminds me at times of a mix between Marner and Kane with a little bit of Oshie mixed in.
The big thing for me is his compete level and the fact that he's got a chip on his shoulder. The prospects game for me is a big deal and he didn't disappoint in a game against his top peers. He's on an upward trajectory and this time next year will be one of the most talked about NHL prospects.

Frank Nazar - C - USNTDP - I hate listing players that I don't think the Blues have a chance of drafting but Nazar is the exception. Maybe he falls a few slots and Army can figure out a way to move up a few spots to grab him. Nazar is pure skill, work ethic and a non stop motor...something Blues management is always looking for.

Rutger McGroarty C\W -USNTDP - I've mentioned McGroarty on this board over a year ago when he was trending towards a top 5 pick. He's come back to the pack a little bit and might be available in the 20-30 range. He's an NHL player for sure, and probably going to be a pretty decent one. I would say he's as safe a pick as their is for an NHL career but not like "Boring" safe. There is a lot of upside here for him and he's a goal scorer. Ignore the reports on his skating...he skates good enough to get where he needs to go and he's got great hands.

Luca Del Bel Belluz - C- Mississauga - If there is one guy that I believe will be available at #23 that could have been at the top of my list, it's Del Bel Belluz. He's going to be the perfect 3rd line center, and possibly top 6 player down the road but he will be a very productive NHL 3rd line center affecting both areas of the ice. His hockey sense if off the charts and he's only getting better. He reminds me a bit of Anthony Cirelli in Tampa...that's the kind of player you looking at here.

Here are a couple of later round gems that I'm hoping to see the Blues grab one of them. Can probably get one of these guys in the 4th round.

Kocha Delic - C- Sudbury - I won't lie, he's one of my favorite players in this draft. He's a middle round pick but there is so much potential here...he's very under the radar and not many are talking about him. If there is a guy in this draft that screams St. Louis Blue, it's Kocha Delic. Hockey sense, work ethic, leadership and does whatever it takes to make a difference.

Pano Fimis - C - Niagara - His hockey sense is off the charts, he will likely be a dominant player in the OHL as soon as next year. He needs to develop for sure and his only real negative is skating but he provides all the other intangibles that Blues management looks for in a player.
Awesome, thanks Tim. It'd be great if Nazar slipped. All those guys seem like the type of guys the Blues wind up with when they're drafting in their usual 17-25 slot. The last time they sort of deviated from that type in that slot was Bokk, and they got rid of him pretty quickly. It's possible I have a foggy memory on Bokk, but he seemed like a pure skill guy without the grit/hockey sense of the usual recent mold of Blues first round forward selections.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote:
Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:12 pm
Kind of surprised Chicago didn't wait until the Sens were on the clock to see if X player was still there. Maybe they didn't care. I guess Ottawa is trying to enter the next stage of the rebuild. 40 goal scorers are nice to have!
Ottawa's got some great young talent there. They got something going. To get this kid who's the real deal of a sniper, was a cheap get IMO for Ottawa. Especially with what they got going right now, the timing was right. Chicago is just one big WTF. My hate for the Hawks has subsided. Colorado has taken that reign. Hockey needs the Hawks to be relevant again. And that isn't going to happen for a long time either.

BluesSK wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:57 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:44 pm Man the Hawks really are shopping everything they have without a full NTC.
I don't understand why them and Kane don't want to move on. He's got real value still.
I know. Kane should of been jettisoned at least 3 seasons ago. If the Hawks did this right from the beginning, they’d be on their way. As it is, they are just completely fucked up. Gotta believe Seth Jones is going to want out some time in the near future.

BillP. wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:23 pm
BluesSK wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:57 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:44 pm Man the Hawks really are shopping everything they have without a full NTC.
I don't understand why them and Kane don't want to move on. He's got real value still.

I know. Kane should of been jettisoned at least 3 seasons ago. If the Hawks did this right from the beginning, they’d be on their way. As it is, they are just completely fucked up. Gotta believe Seth Jones is going to want out some time in the near future.
He has a full NTC and likes Chicago. Same with Toews. Looks like the Hawks are trying to make it so miserable for them they agree to waive.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!