Re: NCAA Hockey Tournament

Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:02 pm
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 pmMinnesota down 2-1 in the third...
Gophers scored 2 in the third to advance. Snuggerud era waits at least a couple more days.
Snuggerud's performance in the Sioux Falls Regional semifinals game vs. The Mavericks was forgettable. Minus 1, 8 shots with all but one lacking much chance of producing a goal. He looked like all show & no go to me last night. Gonna need a better showing to warrant the hockey love y'all have been heaping on him all year.

JMC-STL wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:56 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:23 pmMinnesota down 2-1 in the third...
Gophers scored 2 in the third to advance. Snuggerud era waits at least a couple more days.
Snuggerud's performance in the Sioux Falls Regional semifinals game vs. The Mavericks was forgettable. Minus 1, 8 shots with all but one lacking much chance of producing a goal. He looked like all show & no go to me last night. Gonna need a better showing to warrant the hockey love y'all have been heaping on him all year.
It will be interesting to see how he develops. He produced more points last year as part of the best line in the NCAA with Logan Cooley and Matthew Knies. He's scored just as much this year with new linemates, but has 16 fewer assists. The Blues seem to be drafting a mix off all offense guys with big shots (Snuggerud, Bolduc) and worker bee types (Neighbours, Stenberg). You wonder how many of these forward prospects stay in the organization or if they get flipped for D at some point.
...but whatever, the Blues won the Cup!!!!!

Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:44 am
JMC-STL wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:56 am
It will be interesting to see how he develops. He produced more points last year as part of the best line in the NCAA with Logan Cooley and Matthew Knies. He's scored just as much this year with new linemates, but has 16 fewer assists. The Blues seem to be drafting a mix off all offense guys with big shots (Snuggerud, Bolduc) and worker bee types (Neighbours, Stenberg). You wonder how many of these forward prospects stay in the organization or if they get flipped for D at some point.
I do hope people temper their expectations for him out of the gate because there is no denying the hype. Look at Logan Cooley for example. Universally a higher regarded prospect, has 16 goals and 37 points in 72gp. A perfectly fine rookie season. I hope people don't have the expectation that Snug is going to come in and pop 30. Would be great if he did though!
Just a Russian propaganda account

Dread_Pirate_Westley wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:39 am
Dave's a mess wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:44 am
JMC-STL wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:56 amSnuggerud's performance in the Sioux Falls Regional semifinals game vs. The Mavericks was forgettable. Minus 1, 8 shots with all but one lacking much chance of producing a goal. He looked like all show & no go to me last night. Gonna need a better showing to warrant the hockey love y'all have been heaping on him all year.
I do hope people temper their expectations for him out of the gate because there is no denying the hype. Look at Logan Cooley for example. Universally a higher regarded prospect, has 16 goals and 37 points in 72gp. A perfectly fine rookie season. I hope people don't have the expectation that Snug is going to come in and pop 30. Would be great if he did though!
Two words: Scott ... Perunovich ...